The Final Encyclopedia Metallicus Vol I Mailings!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 9 Mar 2004, 10:20 pm »
Okay, I think the last of them are mailed.  If anyone has contacted me about getting a copy but hasn't yet received it, please post or PM me.  Hopefully I didn't miss anyone, but if I did or if the disc never reached you, contact me and I'll get another one on the way.  Likewise, anyone who got one and it doesn't work right, let me know, too.

After next week I'm putting the project on the shelf; any requests that haven't been made by then will be filled on a "when I get around to it" basis and will probably be a little less delux (I only have a limited stock of the large format papers, etc).

It was great fun to do but also a lot of work.  I've got some plans already for Vol II, but it'll have to wait a little while! :lol:

So, who's next?  Nathan got the ball rolling, I've tossed my hat into the ring, now who will be the next guy to send his Metal Message out to the people?

Metal Forever!  :drums:  :rock:  :guitar:

Andrikos

« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar 2004, 10:35 pm »
Man, if I wasn't involved with my Line Array project, I'd be the third "offerer".
Alas, it may have to wait a bit... :(

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2004, 11:04 pm »
I'm really anxious to hear more about your line array- will you be posting pics here once it's done?

Maybe down the road we'll still get a "samper" out of you! :lol:

Woodsea

« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2004, 12:17 am »
Not only metal could be added to our AC library :idea:
Could be pretty cool to have limited edition AC emblamed CD library.
We are quite an ecclectic group :!:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2004, 01:23 am »
Yeah, that's true.  I'd be interested to hear any genre of music that someone would care to assemble (er, with apologies to Tyson, I wouldn't need a hip hop sampler. :? ).  I listen to lots of other stuff, too; I've got hundreds of classical CDs, maybe 100 folk, "world" & Celtic discs, as well as many pop & jazz discs, too.

I had fun making the Metallicus, but certainly a sampler disc wouldn't have to be anything fancy.  A plain CD-R with a label or sharpie pen on it would be just fine! :D

Thanks again to Nathanm for the use of the logo.  It would be cool to have a whole line of "Official AC Samplers."

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 10 Mar 2004, 10:05 pm »
*Bump!*  My work week starts tomorrow, so speak now or hold your peace til next week!  Hopefully this means everyone has received their copy okay.  But let me know if not.