Daily press about Musical Reality

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Daily press about Musical Reality
« on: 10 Nov 2010, 09:52 am »
Hello,

Today our Daily Newspaper published a nice story about Musical Reality telling the story of Albert, the scientist and the Award Winning Virtual Reality Music System of the RMAF in Denver.

Hope you are able to read.

The Head-line says:  Musical Reality sells Best Sound Of The World

Have fun,

Cor

« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2010, 12:02 am by ceedee »

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: Daily press about Musical Reality
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2010, 01:05 pm »
I knew we were in the midst of greatness....cool  :thumb:

Antoine

« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2010, 04:32 pm »
Very nice Cor!  :thumb: Although they did misspell Alberts surname and he also isn't German if I'm not mistaken.  :wink:

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2010, 04:36 pm »
Actually I believe his family immigrated here from Germany when he was a teenager.

Antoine

« Reply #4 on: 10 Nov 2010, 05:44 pm »
Actually I believe his family immigrated here from Germany when he was a teenager.

Sorry, according to this old VR-4 review you're right: http://www.vonschweikert.com/reviews/HIFIMUSIK.HTM

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2010, 10:50 pm »
That was a very nice article in the Dutch newspaper about the Musical Reality room at RMAF. The synergy between the Eera Tentation, Kronzilla amp, and VR-35 speaker system was amazing, one of those happy accidents that are unpredictable until you set it up and hear it.  Quite a few rooms with equipment at 10X the price didn't quite come together; it seemed to be a "hit or miss" proposition with the room acoustics.

One person had a question about my origins, and since a "condensed bio" of me appeared about 30 years ago stating that I was born in Heidelberg, this gets repeated quite a bit.  Here's the "real" story:
Although I was raised in Heidelberg, Germany, I was actually born in Panama (my mother's father was a Civil Engineering contractor for the US Army Corps of Engineers that built the Canal). My grandparents were from Heidelberg, but my dad was born in the US. He worked for the US Army and the State Department as a translator, among other jobs. He also worked for Military Intelligence (is that an oxymoron?) in the late '50's as he was a Fortran and Cobol programmer hired out to whichever government entity required his services.

My father requested a long term assignment in Heidelberg for various reasons, so I didn't move to the US until I was 16. However, I consider myself to be an American, not a German, although I enjoy visiting Germany for the scenery. Years ago I had a slight accent, but it was British, as my parents hired a British tutor in Heidelberg to teach us how to speak "correct" English.  I also took music lessons at the Conservatory of the University of Heidelberg, which led to my interest in classical music.

Two years ago, at the Munich High End Show, I was asked to be a scientific lecturer on acoustics, and I attempted to read my speech in German.  A few minutes into the speech, the German Press asked me to switch to English since my German was quite rusty!