Power up issue

Stephen L

Power up issue
« on: 8 Nov 2010, 03:01 pm »
4BST will only turn on if I hook up the remote trigger from the MPS-1, and also hitting mute on the remote or the BP26 will not interrupt the 12v signal from the rear of the power supply and it stays on (double checked connections). Sounds like 2 separate issues...any ideas?  :scratch:

Steve

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Power up issue
« Reply #1 on: 8 Nov 2010, 03:13 pm »
4BST will only turn on if I hook up the remote trigger from the MPS-1, and also hitting mute on the remote or the BP26 will not interrupt the 12v signal from the rear of the power supply and it stays on (double checked connections). Sounds like 2 separate issues...any ideas?  :scratch:

Steve

Hi Steve

A Mike Pickett question  :scratch:

James

Stephen L

« Reply #2 on: 8 Nov 2010, 03:28 pm »
Hi James, thanks for your reply, I figured out the first "problem" ...user error :duh: just moved the rotary dial to "local". I will live with the mute power up issue for now.Considering purchasing an MPS-2 as I would like to get a BDP-1 down the road. Hopefully you will be considering a package price for the BDP-1 and BDA-1 for us poorer folk  :thumb:

Steve

Mike Pickett

« Reply #3 on: 8 Nov 2010, 03:46 pm »
Hi Steve;

Please check the position of the rotary switch on the back of the 4B, near the trigger input.  In the 'local' position, you should have control over the amp with the front panel switch, but in any other position it will require trigger voltage for operation.

Assuming you're using an MPS1, you will have two different trigger outputs, one labeled '+12V' and the other labeled '+12V SW'.  The '+12V' output will be on whenever the MPS1 is on, while the '+12V SW' output will follow the mute status of the preamp.  Please confirm which of these you are using.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Pickett

« Reply #4 on: 8 Nov 2010, 03:50 pm »
Sorry, posted too late...

Stephen L

« Reply #5 on: 9 Nov 2010, 12:47 am »
Hi Mike;

I checked the voltage at the back of the MPS-1 and there is 12v on both left and right terminals (center is ground) regardless of the position of the mute switch. I am not going to lose any sleep over it, I can still use the switch on the power supply to turn on both units. Gives me an excuse to upgrade to the MPS-2   :inlove:

Great job on the phono stage and upgrade btw! I was blown away when I opened the box. I think it sounds even better than before. :thumb:

Thank you!

Steve Latham