Psssst.. GREAT DEAL

penthouse-D

Psssst.. GREAT DEAL
« on: 5 Nov 2010, 12:37 am »
Hey guys, I know it's not a selling thread, but I wanted to go directly to the source. I have a brand new pair of VR5 Anniversarys in black. Factory sealed. $21,500 plus freight. Going in a different direction. A bit large for my room.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Re: Psssst.. GREAT DEAL
« Reply #1 on: 6 Nov 2010, 10:40 pm »
Psssst..., Penthouse D,

Please,  post your message on the special sellingpart on the AC.
You might have succes there.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #2 on: 7 Nov 2010, 04:35 pm »
Good luck and pssssst, better remove.

tnx.
« Last Edit: 7 Nov 2010, 10:57 pm by ceedee »

penthouse-D

« Reply #3 on: 7 Nov 2010, 11:45 pm »
Hey Cor, When I attempt to remove the post. The site tells me I can't remove my own message. Feel free to have a mod remove the thread. I'm just wondering why there was no problem with the last VR5 F/S post on Sept 30th.Thanks again.

Mike11

« Reply #4 on: 8 Nov 2010, 12:25 am »
I enjoy seeing the VSA speakers for sale on this forum. Waiting to see a pair of VR11s on the used market.
Mike

htradtk

« Reply #5 on: 8 Nov 2010, 11:34 pm »
Don't we all wish we could find or see a great deal on a pair of VR11's. I'm sure production is very limited (made to order). Also, the lucky guy or gal to shell out 150k for these babies is their speaker system for life!

Henry

Delacroix

« Reply #6 on: 9 Nov 2010, 12:03 am »
Hi folks

I tend to be fairly lenient on postings here but there is a dedicated selling forum here on AC and that's where buyers tend to look.  I am happy for people to post here telling us they have made a listing on the selling forum, or even on A'gon, but I don't want this VSA forum to  try to  be more than it is - a discussion forum. I can see why people are interested so I am not going to block posts unless they become overwhelming. And like many of you, I'd be happy to discuss the right price for a pair of used 11s too :)

Peace

penthouse-D

« Reply #7 on: 9 Nov 2010, 01:25 am »
Thank you. I would not have started the thread if there was any problem with the previous for sale post a month or so ago. I just figured I may as well go directly to the biggest fans of the product. I'm actually quite surprised at the lack of interest.

2bigears

« Reply #8 on: 9 Nov 2010, 01:28 am »
 :D i think interest is always there,just a cash thing these days.... :D

srb

« Reply #9 on: 9 Nov 2010, 01:39 am »
I'm actually quite surprised at the lack of interest.

A lot of people don't have a large enough room for those and end up going with the Unifield series.  And as has been mentioned, even if it is a GREAT DEAL, it still is a lot of money, so the pool of prospective buyers is a lot smaller.

Steve

penthouse-D

« Reply #10 on: 9 Nov 2010, 09:40 pm »
OK Guys, Last call 20K firm plus shipping. If you pay with Paypal, I'll eat the fees.

penthouse-D

« Reply #11 on: 12 Nov 2010, 12:49 am »
OK, 19K

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #12 on: 12 Nov 2010, 02:39 am »
Penthouse, you sure you want to get rid of the annies??  You may regret it.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #13 on: 12 Nov 2010, 07:29 am »
OK Guys, Last call 20K firm plus shipping. If you pay with Paypal, I'll eat the fees.

Hey Psssssst,

This is NOT a trade place. :nono:

mhconley

« Reply #14 on: 12 Nov 2010, 11:20 am »

Hey Psssssst,

This is NOT a trade place. :nono:

Obviously the Trading Post isn't either... Have you seen the wonderful comments his ad there has received?  :scratch:

Martin

penthouse-D

« Reply #15 on: 12 Nov 2010, 12:43 pm »
These were a trade up from a pair of VR4SRMRK3's. In the mean time,I found a smaller pair of speakers that I like very much and would work nicely in my somewhat small NYC apt. The deal is totally legit. I have perfect feedback on ebay and audiogon under James6462. Just makes you wonder why there is so little interest in these "wonderful" speakers at a great discount. They will be available until Sunday. After that, I'll open them and keep them. Anyone interested is more than welcome to come and inspect the crates before purchase. Anyone seriously interested, kindlly pm me and we can call Damon, Albert, or Linda Von Schweikert, who was nice enough to arrange the shipping to verify that these are brand new, not upgraded, or refurbished etc. Thank you.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #16 on: 12 Nov 2010, 01:47 pm »
The only problem is that although these are new, I have seen used annies in pristine condition advertised at $15K.  In order to sell yours, you may end up taking a bath.  What are the smaller speakers you found?

penthouse-D

« Reply #17 on: 12 Nov 2010, 09:50 pm »
Iv'e become a big fan of the Nola's. I feel 19K for a brand new pair of these is quite reasonable. That's approx. 30% off list. If I were looking to buy a pair of these, I would not hesitate to buy them, especially when we can make a quick phone call to verify they are in fact brand new. No big deal, If I don't get an offer by Sunday, I'll keep them. Ive been a member here for about a year. I've enjoyed it very much. Everyone seems to be quite nice and helpful. I just figured I'd offer them here. I was offered a great deal on the Nolas, so if I take a loss on these, it sort of makes up for it.If not, I'll keep them

JohnR

« Reply #18 on: 15 Nov 2010, 09:39 am »
Uhhh.... yeah, so, it looks like I copped a bunch of shit for commenting on penthouse-D's for-sale ad in the Trading Post. Not really sure why. Seems to me that if you're selling speakers at that price, and have barely any posts on this site, that a little effort put into pictures and explanation would not just be useful but essential.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #19 on: 15 Nov 2010, 03:55 pm »
ummmmmm, John said a swear word.  Send him to his room....the one without all the DIY audio equipment  8)