FS: Music Hall DAC 25.2 - modified by Affordable Audio

rpf

SOLD

FS is my Music Hall DAC 25.2 with Level 3 mods by Affordable Audio, who are both an authorized dealer and the Music Hall authorized service center. Therefore these mods were done with Music Hall's okay and did not void the warranty (which is past and was not transferable in any case).

The Level 3 upgrade included new diode boards, Caddock resistors, op-amps and Hovland Musicaps. In addition, I changed the fuses (2) to Hi-Fi Tuning ones.

These changes resulted in much greater clarity, resolution, transparency and image separation. The bass is also more focused, extended and tonally accurate. In sum, the DAC outperforms it's price point.

The unit has selectable upsampling (44.1, 96 and 192 khz) and a headphone jack (so-so in quality as the original op-amp for it was not changed). It also has coax, usb, optical and xlr inputs.

The stock unit retails for $600, the mods (including the fuses) were $500 for a total of $1100. I'm asking $575 plus shipping/paypal, OBO. Condition is excellent.

I will also include a NOS Mullard (Pro/Comm label) 6922 as the stock EH leaves much to be desired.

Shipping to lower 48 only. I have an all positive feedback of 354 on A'gon under "rpf". Pics on request.
« Last Edit: 12 Dec 2010, 03:55 am by rpf »