Albert

Charles Calkins

Albert
« on: 26 Oct 2010, 03:28 am »
This has nothing to do with the recent RMAF. I just thought I'd like to share with my audiocircle buds my conversation I had this evening with Albert.

One of the subs on my VR4 GEN 3 HSE crapped out. I sent it to Albert a couple of weeks ago for repairs and they did a very fine job getting it up and running just like new. two new woofers and repairs to the crossover. I think I know what caused the damage but that is another story.

When I got it back from Albert I saw that UPS had apparently dropped it hard and damaged the base plate. I sent a letter off to Albert about it. In the meantime rather than waiting for UPS to come and look at it I removed the base plate and did a repair on it. Looks okay now. I'm so proud of myself!

Albert called me this evening and we had a very long conversation about audio. His start in this business and company's he had worked for. How he had heard a whole lot of speakers from a whole lot of manufactures and how they just did not sound right to him. Years and years he spent trying to get the right sound from a speaker at a reasonable cost to us consumers.

Well I guess you guys know that he has it right now.

I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation tonight. Albert has a world of knowledge about audio and he enjoys passing it on to DumDum's like me.

Cheers
                                        Charlie   

JackD201

Re: Albert
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2010, 01:27 pm »
Lucky you Charlie, when we talk it's long distance!  :lol:

Charles Calkins

« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2010, 03:43 pm »
Sign up for the Google Gmail. You get a phone software program with it and calls in the USA are free for now. From overseas there is a minimal charge. You'll need a mike to speak into. I'm doing it and I canned my ATT long distance service. Still have home phone service.

Cheers
                                    Charlie

Antoine

« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2010, 06:32 pm »
I agree, Albert is a very nice person to talk to, he's very helpful and patient and he gives a lot of valuable insights.

@Jack, LOL when I talked to Albert is was for about 80 minutes and I called him with my cellphone (I have no landline at home anymore) from the Netherlands so you can imagine my face after I received the bill. :duh: But it was fully worth it, no doubt about that! :)

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2010, 08:28 pm »
I met Albert, his son and crew at RMAF and I agree with your findings of Albert. In fact, the VS crew was full of great people. We had a good time hanging out and talking. They were right down the hall from us.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2010, 10:04 pm »
Hey you guys, ever heard of Skype?

Cost less if you have to talk much.

Just try out.

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/

Regards,

Cor

SundayNiagara

« Reply #6 on: 31 Oct 2010, 10:45 pm »
Hey you guys, ever heard of Skype?

Cost less if you have to talk much.

Just try out.

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/

Regards,

Cor

Google voice calls are free to anywhere in the US, or Canada.  Lucky Us!