Ahhhhhh! Now, that's more like it

byteme

« on: 5 Mar 2004, 12:46 pm »
Tolls from Milwaukee to Merrellville, IN - $3.00 ($.75 per car now?? pirates!)
Gas for the 250+ mile round trip - $30.00
Sitting in Chicago rush hour traffic @ 25MPH max for 2 hours - free  :cry:
Being an hour late to meet Sheri - Free (SORRY!!  :oops:  )
Meeting the better looking half of the Bunge clan (no offense Klaus  :wink: ) - Free
Avoiding those UPS a-holes - priceless
Getting a flawless pair of Lorelei's - priceless
Sitting on the couch relaxing to Nora Jones sounding better than you've ever heard her sound right out of the box after almost 7 hours in the car - REALLY FREAKIN AWESOME!

Makes me do this =====> :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :!:

rosconey

« Reply #1 on: 5 Mar 2004, 12:53 pm »
:lol:  
must have been hard - drooling all the way home-
how long did it take you to install them  in the system-minutes or hours :scratch:

byteme

« Reply #2 on: 5 Mar 2004, 02:31 pm »
must have been hard - drooling all the way home-

The hard part was seeing in that freakin' rain last night.  It was like I drove for almost 3 hours with my contacts out.  It sucked.

From the moment I drove into the garage it was, heft the speakers into the house, open the boxes.  Admire the "new" darker light cherry finish, that by the way made my wife VERY happy.  Take old speakers out of the way, glue feets on the Loreleis, set into place, eyeball proper setup based on tape on the floor from prior speakers, listen to tunes.  I drove into the garage at 11:30 PM, I was listening by 11:48.  

Oh, I also said Hi to my wife and gave the dog a little pat on the head.

I forgot to mention I also got to meet Klaus' guard dog!  

I'm very impressed that he sent Precious along to protect his wife and speakers!!   :wink:

Captain Humble

« Reply #3 on: 5 Mar 2004, 04:01 pm »
byteme,
Congratulations my friend.   :beer:

Today my Loreleis are 6 months old and they still amaze me on a daily basis.

Enjoy.

Jeff

randog

« Reply #4 on: 5 Mar 2004, 05:56 pm »
Great to hear it!  :D

Actually... like to hear it!

However, after hearing about your recent trip down there, I think I'd rather *hear* Captain Humble's (along with *taste*).  :wink:

Randog

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #5 on: 5 Mar 2004, 06:10 pm »
Brian, Glad to hear that you can now enjoy your speakers, best of luck with them !!!!  Turn it up a little so I can hear'em , thanks !!! :dance:

byteme

« Reply #6 on: 6 Mar 2004, 12:23 am »
OK, home again and listening.  I remember the Lorelei's ala UPS sounded good, but not like this.  Klaus, I know you said you thought these actually sounded better, however, if when you get the others back could you confirm perhaps after your autopsy that there is something wrong with the UPS version?

Damn this is sweet!!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #7 on: 6 Mar 2004, 10:05 am »
Quote from: byteme
OK, home again and listening.  I remember the Lorelei's ala UPS sounded good, but not like this.  Klaus, I know you said you thought these actually sounded better, however, if when you get the others back could you confirm perhaps after your autopsy that there is something wrong with the UPS version?

Damn this is sweet!!
                                            OOOOOOh yeaaaaah. Tis music to my ears. :D A BIG congratulations Brian. I'm sure Klaus has told you that it'll get better within the next couple weeks. He's right BUT mine were sounding damn sweet straight outta the box also. And after 5 months, I don't watch TV anymore, rust spots are appearing on my VCR and I average 10 hours of Lorelei delight during the week and MANY more on the weekends. I keep saying that it'll get old after a while,,,, ain't happened yet. :lol: The bass outta these Lorelei's are so good that I have my Sunfire processor's crossover set at 40hz to get as much out of them as I can and still use my Velodyne subwoofer. :o I hope you'll remain as capitivated with the Lorelei's as I and many others have. Happy listening Brian & Sherri. :dance: Regards, Robin