Three down...eight to go for the Yankees

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Three down...eight to go for the Yankees
« on: 10 Oct 2010, 02:12 pm »
The Yankees completed their sweep of a very good Twins team and will wait for the winner of the Tampa/Texas series.

If the Yanks play this way for the rest of the playoffs, they will be heard to beat, but those Phillies look very good as well.

While today is a football day, swing over and catch some of the baseball.  All of the playoff games have been entertaining and exciting.

George

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Three down...eight to go for the Yankees
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2010, 02:14 pm »
 :dance:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2010, 02:57 pm »
Thanks for the nod to our Phillies.  Nothing could be sweeter than the Yanks and Phillies in the series again so we could kick your butts properly this time.  However I would be satisfied with the Yankees losing to any team along the way.  As long as it ends with "Yankees Lose...." it will be acceptable.

twitch54

« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2010, 02:44 pm »
I'm hopefull of a Phillies / Yankees rematch, given the Phillies improved starting rotation I think it would be a superb series, one that I would hope "The Fightin's " would win !!

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #4 on: 23 Oct 2010, 03:21 am »
However I would be satisfied with the Yankees losing to any team along the way.  As long as it ends with "Yankees Lose...." it will be acceptable.

May the Rangers make your wish come true.  :banana piano:
Time for a different team to represent the NL, Go Giants!

http://www.athbaseball.com/20101023569/2010-archives/october/rangers-beat-the-yankees-biggest-accounting-upset-in-mlb-history.html

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #5 on: 23 Oct 2010, 03:47 am »
Congratulations Texas Rangers.  :thumb:

I thoughly enjoyed watching them beat up on them ny yankees.  :deadhorse:    :eyebrows: 

They'll be getting my nod in the World Series regardless of who the National League Championship winner is.  8)

Cheers,
Robin

ltr317

« Reply #6 on: 23 Oct 2010, 03:57 am »

I thoughly enjoyed watching them beat up on them ny yankees.  :deadhorse:    :eyebrows: 

They'll be getting my nod in the World Series regardless of who the National League Championship winner is.  8)

Cheers,
Robin

Turn the oven off, the Yankees are done.  :D

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #7 on: 23 Oct 2010, 03:59 am »
Turn the oven off, the Yankees are done.  :D

In 10 more minutes, so will my chicken pot pie.  :lol:

ltr317

« Reply #8 on: 23 Oct 2010, 04:06 am »

In 10 more minutes, so will my chicken pot pie.  :lol:

Eating late, are you?  I just got back from a Lissie concert.  If you ever get a chance to see her live, do it, she will blow your mind!

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #9 on: 23 Oct 2010, 12:09 pm »

Cheers,
Robin

Unfortunately, they were the better team in this series - my hat is tipped to them.

I wish them luck and hope that they keep the trophy in the American League.

George

TomS

« Reply #10 on: 23 Oct 2010, 01:15 pm »
I'm in Dallas this weekend.  To say they're excited would be an understatement.  They did look really good last night so wish the Rangers the best of luck in the series.

arthurs

« Reply #11 on: 23 Oct 2010, 01:19 pm »
Where in Dallas Tom?  Welcome to the Metroplex!

TomS

« Reply #12 on: 23 Oct 2010, 01:24 pm »
Where in Dallas Tom?  Welcome to the Metroplex!
We're in Plano for my niece's outdoor wedding today - rain, rain rain  :(  We went down to the aquarium and historic district yesterday and had a great time.  Much nicer when it's only about 80 degrees  :wink:

jermmd

« Reply #13 on: 23 Oct 2010, 01:26 pm »
The Rangers did look good but I'm not so sure that it wasn't that the Yankees were bad. And what's with walking Hamilton so much? He's a great hitter but I think walking him was just about always a mistake during this series.

Speaking of great players, I hope the Mets can get Hamilton and Lee at the end of this season. :D

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #14 on: 23 Oct 2010, 04:25 pm »
Unfortunately, they were the better team in this series - my hat is tipped to them.

I wish them luck and hope that they keep the trophy in the American League.

George

I salute your gamemanship George.  :notworthy:

Cheers,
Robin

twitch54

« Reply #15 on: 23 Oct 2010, 06:07 pm »
yes Congrats to the Rangers........I was hoping for a repeat of last years Series, now all I can hope for is that the Phillies win two more to get there !!

twitch54

« Reply #16 on: 24 Oct 2010, 12:26 pm »
now all I can hope for is that the Phillies win two more to get there !!

As they say out in 'Cubbie' land........next year ! Congrats to Giants and Rangers, at least we'll get to see a city win it's first world championship.

jackman

« Reply #17 on: 24 Oct 2010, 09:32 pm »
For ONCE, the World Series features two teams I really like.  I was really hoping we wouldn't see Philly/NY in the big game.  Thankfully, we get to see some great pitching and two very exciting young teams.  The hardest part for me, as a fan, is picking a team to root for.  I like both and feel good for both cities. 

At this point, I'd have to go with Texas because they have the best pitcher in baseball (Lee) and Hamilton is starting to get hot.  San Fran has no hitting but their pitching has been excellent.  I love that goofy Brian Wilson with his black beard!  Is he the guy from the Beach Boys?  Anyway, he showed some real guts last night in Philly.  I was standing up watching Howard's at bat.  Wow!