Bybee Filter on CATV Cable Line?

StevenACNJ

« on: 3 Mar 2004, 02:13 pm »
I am thinking about installing a Bybee on the center conductor of my incomming RG6 CATV cable line.

I am wondering if anyone has tried this and if so how it worked?

Just so you know my incoming cable tv wire connects to my digital cable box then out via component cables to my RPTV.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne1

« Reply #1 on: 3 Mar 2004, 02:51 pm »
I have been running this for some time. PeterG also uses a Bybee purifier on his sat. feed.

I personally notice a deeper black level and the colors to tend to "pop" out more. You may have to recalibrate your set after you put it inline.

The Bybee will not get rid of any problems related to reception. If you have a good signal already, it will improve the picture, IMHO. YMMV

PeteG

« Reply #2 on: 3 Mar 2004, 03:25 pm »
I've had a Bolder RF adapter w/Bybee in my DSS system for a while and been happy with it, pic is less grainy and better blacks,deeper colors.

But if you can swing it, I would recommend using component cables w/Bybees going right to your TV.

StevenACNJ

« Reply #3 on: 3 Mar 2004, 04:27 pm »
Wayne,

Do you sell a made up RG6 cable coax TV adapter with a Bybee filter built in?

Or do you suggest I just splice a bybee in to my exhisting cable.

PeteG,
Not sure I want to spend for 3 Bybees on my component cable hookup between my tv & digital cable box, because my digital cable box does have DVI output connector which when activated is what I will use to connect to my tv.

Thanks

bubba966

« Reply #4 on: 3 Mar 2004, 05:03 pm »
Wayne does make an inline Bybee adapter w/F-Pin ends. Which'd be easier to implement than splicing it into your current cable.

It'd also be more flexible for future use in case you move or move your setup and the length of your RG6 cable changes. Keep the adapter, & just use the appropriate length cable.

Wayne1

« Reply #5 on: 3 Mar 2004, 05:29 pm »
I do make such a device. It is currently off the website as I am in the process of updating the designs that used to use the "smaller" Bybee Purifier. They are now going to be made with the Bybee Slipstream Purifiers.

The Slipstreams are a bit more money, but so far, I have been very impressed with them.

I recently built an S-video Purifier using two of Silver Slipstream Purifiers . OHMYGAWD!! There was a major difference.

Bubba will be able to comment on this shortly :D

Wayne1

« Reply #6 on: 3 Mar 2004, 06:10 pm »
I have added the RF Purifier, now with a SlipStream Bybee, back to the Website and put it on SALE! :wink:

RF Purifier

I have also updated the S-Video Purifier

S-Video Purifier

StevenACNJ

« Reply #7 on: 3 Mar 2004, 08:56 pm »
Ok

I am trying to decide:

1. if I should get a device like the RF Adapter with one Bybee inside and install it between the incoming coax catv line & the digital cable box (possibly an RF device with two bybee's inside)

or 2. install 3 Bybees (each with rca male end & rca female end) on my component video cables which hook between my RPTV and digital cable box.

Which would be a bigger bang for the $.

Thanks

bubba966

« Reply #8 on: 4 Mar 2004, 05:24 am »
Quote from: StevenACNJ
Ok

I am trying to decide:

1. if I should get a device like the RF Adapter with one Bybee inside and install it between the incoming coax catv line & the digital cable box (possibly an RF device with two bybee's inside)

or 2. install 3 Bybees (each with rca male end & rca female end) on my component video cables which hook between my RPTV and digital cable box.

Which would be a bigger bang for the $.

Thanks

Option 1 fits the bigger bang for the buck. That way you clean up the signal before it hits the D/A converter/tuner. Which should help out a bit more than cleaning up the signal after it's processed.

I'd personally go for option 3, do both!... :mrgreen:  :lol: And as I'm tired of not going full-assed, I'd do it all with Silver Bybees & Silver WBT's on the component cable. :wink:

bubba966

« Reply #9 on: 4 Mar 2004, 05:26 am »
Quote from: Wayne1
I recently built an S-video Purifier using two of Silver Slipstream Purifiers . OHMYGAWD!! There was a major difference.

Bubba will be able to comment on this shortly :D

Yup, will have comments next week about that one... :mrgreen: