Building a classical library through the kindness of strangers, and others.

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
It's amazing that once you let folks know you have an interest in classical, things begin to just 'appear'.

I let a fellow AC member Pumpkinman,- an avid vinyl collector, but not for classical,-  know of my desire to build a classical library, nd he's been sending me records he turned up from time to time.

Last night I met him at a second hand record shop as it said it had just got in 50 DG titles, this a shop Pumpkinman made me aware of a few months back, aprox. 1.75 hours drive from my home. He said he had a few albums for me as well.

Well, a few was 3 small to med. boxes full, plus 3 more boxed sets.

Right now listening to side 3 of a 3 lp Tchaikovsky set from Melodiya/Angel in VG condition;
Tchaikovsky: Romeo & Juliet: Fantasy Overture

Moscow Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra, Kirill Kondrashin

So don't be shy, let folks know you listen to classical!  :thumb:

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give

I thought I'd never find anyone dumb :wink: I mean kind enough to take them

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
I just missed out on vinyl's heyday, and as a classical music lover, that makes me kinda sad...

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
I just missed out on vinyl's heyday, and as a classical music lover, that makes me kinda sad...

Spinning Lp's is great fun Tyson and it's never to late to start   :thumb:

Bemopti123

Classical records are for the most part, very very high quality vs all some records that ought not to have been printed at all. 

I am still digging through a 18 album set of Archiv German records I own in an auction....most of the recorded at the height of the Cold War....  They all sound, ah, so incredible and they do not cost no friggin' $45/album as some of these new LPs with really sh--tty music ask for.

Paul

etcarroll

I thought I'd never find anyone dumb :wink: I mean kind enough to take them

Well, I will be 're-gifting' a few, such as the Herb Albert plays classical, and others like it.

But I'm keeping the boxed set from DG of the Vienna Sym. Orch. playing all of Beethoven's symphonies.

Amazing!

etcarroll

Spinning Lp's is great fun Tyson and it's never to late to start   :thumb:

Absolutely. In my case, I 'retired' my turntable over a decade ago, just dusted it off the beginning of this year, and really only started to use it in earnest a few months back when I finished collecting the parts of my 2 channel system and got a rack for them.