What's new this week?

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
What's new this week?
« on: 7 Oct 2010, 10:42 am »
How about a newly designed Beacon Three and a EL84 push-pull headphone amplifier that uses **the best** vintage iron for the job. I will have photos of the Three up today or tomorrow and our new headphone amp most likely over the weekend.

Both are custom made and already sold.

Don't forget to check out the Beacon Three and LH-1 Interconnect tour thread.  :wave:

Our NS-40 amplifier is on sale until Oct. 16th for $985.00. All details and write-ups are in this circle. Have a good look around!
« Last Edit: 7 Oct 2010, 12:08 pm by Niteshade »

Guy 13

Re: What's new this week?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Oct 2010, 12:11 pm »
How about a newly designed Beacon Three and a EL84 push-pull headphone amplifier that uses **the best** vintage iron for the job. I will have photos of the Three up today or tomorrow and our new headphone amp most likely over the weekend.

Both are custom made and already sold.

Don't forget to check out the Beacon Three and LH-1 Interconnect tour thread.  :wave:
Hi Blair.
At last, at long. long last !
I was almost ready to buy one or two headphone amplifiers for evaluation, I had in mind the Bellari model : HA-540 at 157 USD and the Schiit model Valhalla at : 349 USD, both are OTL tubes and 100% made in USA.
(See pitures below)
But now that you break the news with your own headphone amplifier, why would or should I consider anything else ?

By the way, why do you need push pull for only a few miliwatts to drive any headphones impedance ?
Do you have yet an approximate price ?
Will it be able to drive load from 30 to 600 Ohms ?
I hope to see pictures today of tomorrow.
Keep the good news coming.
Guy 13

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
Re: What's new this week?
« Reply #2 on: 7 Oct 2010, 12:30 pm »
The headphone amp I made was a special order and custom designed.

I chose push-pull because it has natural noise cancellation properties. When there are transducers right up to your ears, any means of nose reduction should be considered. This amp uses our self-splitting circuit, made specially for lower power amps (20 watts/channel and under). With this in mind, it runs in Class A all the time.

Granted, only milliwatts are necessary. The amp is designed to have an output of one watt at 16 ohms. The iron is capable of at least 15 watts/channel with El84's. There will be absolutely no distortion or noise.

I have not made up a price yet for a standard headphone amp.