Plenum Cat 5e UK Source?

dcs

Plenum Cat 5e UK Source?
« on: 1 Mar 2004, 11:00 pm »
Hi all,
Does anyone know of a supllier of plenum CAT5e in the UK. I've tried the usual suspects - Maplin, Farnell, CPC but all their stuff appears to be bog standard pvc coated (or they don't even mention the insulation material.)  Am I going to have to source this stuff from abroad?

Many thanks,
Dave

andyr

Plenum Cat 5e UK Source?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Mar 2004, 11:31 pm »
Dave,

You should be able to go to an electrical wholesaler that stocks Belden and get them to order a roll in specially for U (if they don't stock it).

1585A has teflon coated Cu but with an overall PVC jacket.  1585LC has a teflon jacket ... obviously, if you're gonna strip off the jacket to braid/twist it, you don't need this but if you're going to use it in its jacket for long speaker runs, it's the one to go for.  You may have to buy a 500' roll, though!

Regards,

Andy

pauly

1585a supplier in Canada
« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2004, 01:08 am »
I didn't need a whole 1000 ft. roll. I finally found a source in Toronto.
cnd  $.46 per ft.
www.takefiveaudio.com
5 days express post to Victoria

bluesky

Plenum Cat 5e UK Source?
« Reply #3 on: 2 Mar 2004, 08:20 am »
I have to second that approach to Take Five Audio in Canada.

Gene Evely, the proprietor, is a pleasure to deal with, he ships the same day and his prices are great.  It took me awhile to get used to getting my bits and pieces for audio from somewhere "so far away" but really we are part of the global economy.  You just have to find someone who is trustworthy and efficient.  

I recommend Gene from Take Five Audio in Canada.  If you're worried about if it would work for you or not, just order a little bit to start with.  Make sure that the person or business is reputable and once you have established that relationship and you become comfortable with it, you get the best products for the best price.  This internet shopping technology really has opened my eyes up.

Regards

Ian
Brisbane, Australia