BP25 Question outputs

sfraser

BP25 Question outputs
« on: 23 Sep 2010, 05:37 pm »
Can you simultaneously use both balanced and unbalanced outputs on the BP25?

(i.e one L/R output connect to amp, and 2nd connected to powered sub).

Thanks

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
Re: BP25 Question outputs
« Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2010, 05:13 am »
...yes. :green:
but keep in mind that the XLR has 6db more gain than the RCA output. so if your sub has unbalanced inputs and you still want to keep your amp connected with balanced cables simply use the 1V (instead the 2V) position of your Bryston amp.

al.

cfraser

Re: BP25 Question outputs
« Reply #2 on: 1 Apr 2014, 07:02 pm »
I hope it's OK reviving this, hard to resist given the OP's and my usernames and considering we also have almost the same query...  :D

I want to use both sets of unbalanced outputs to go to two subs; currently I am using one set with one sub. I am using the balanced outputs to go to my 4B-SST² amp, 2V level as recommended in manual (I reduce sub input level to compensate, "digital" controls so easy). It seems from the BP25 schematics that the balanced and unbalanced outputs are all essentially in parallel.

Question: can the driver circuitry handle all the outputs at the same time without undue probs? I presume yes, otherwise the manual would say, but just want to check. I have heard from others that the BP25 output is pretty "strong", one well-known guy apparently even used it to drive speakers directly as a test.

Thanks.