VR-33 vs VR-35

CGull

VR-33 vs VR-35
« on: 23 Sep 2010, 02:02 am »
  Does anyone know the difference between these two speakers ? I've read the cabinet is the triple wall construction for the VR-35 with compared to the MDF for the VR-33. What is the crossover and driver diference? Has anyone heard both? If so is it worth selling my VR-33 for the up grade?

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Re: VR-33 vs VR-35
« Reply #1 on: 23 Sep 2010, 06:22 am »
Hello CGull,

The only ones, for now who know the difference are the Albert him self and the VSA engineers.

The VR 33 & VR 35 both will be presented at the RMAF for the first time in public.

We received the very first VR 35 SE to be present in at the High Show in Munich. Even after a quick burn in the VR 35 SE sounded very convincing and received lots of compliments there. After a full break in the system is sounding very good. Very rare to see a speaker so close to the wall making a huge soundstage.
Come and see, hear and feel the difference between the both at RMAF the VR 35 will be in room 8032. The VR 33 in room 509 and 2020.

Feel welcome, 15-16 & 17 of next month.

Cor

See also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEYKFeQ_QoM

Antoine

« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2010, 04:21 pm »
Probably same drivers and internal cabinet. See Albert's announcement here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=77929.msg752188#msg752188

Coming soon is the VR-35 Export Edition, to be sold by dealers in Europe and Asia.  This model will be more expensive but will feature premium crossover parts, including solid copper foil and Teflon capacitors (sold by other companies for up to $600 each), along with premium gold plated bi-wire binding posts.  If you live in Europe or Asia, please contact your local dealer shown on our website for the pricing of this Export Edition model.  It is quite a bit more expensive, and don't forget to factor in the higher cost of Air Freight shipment and Import Taxes.  However, if you want to spend your money on the sound and don't really need the beautiful cabinet, this model might be just right for you!

edit: I understand the confusion after reading this:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=85815.msg835893#msg835893
The US price for the VR-35 Export Deluxe will be $7,995/pr and several US dealers have these on order.  Although the VR-35 Export Deluxe is based on the VR-33 and is similar in appearance, they don't have much else in common --all parts (including the cabinet) are highly upgraded to unleash the full potential of this new design.  I feel that the VR-33 is similar to a standard Porsche 911, with the VR-35 Export Deluxe as the Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra model with 4-wheel drive and 500 HP. Similar body, but different drive systems. Naturally, the Turbo version is twice as expensive as you might imagine with all of the upgrades.

Albert has now announced two VR35 models, a VR35 Export Edition and a VR35 Export Deluxe. :? Ik could also be he has decided to make "running production changes" to the later VR35's as he calls Ceedee's models "prototypes". If not, above quote is just a "marketing/sales" story. Don't believe the hype! :wink:

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2010, 06:07 pm »
Look for differences in weights.  If the 35s are the same triple wall construction in the VR5 Anniversaries for example, they will weigh several #s more.

CGull

« Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2010, 08:21 pm »
Cor,
  You and the fellow circle users will have to be my ears for the comparison of the VR-33 and VR-35 at the RMAF, i'm in Nassau with my daughters that weekend. I'm so amazed with my VR-33's it will be nice to get opinions between the two speakers. I'll make every effort to get to the CES this year to hear the VR-35 but won't have the same back to back chance like people do at RMAF. Chris

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2010, 02:54 pm »
Hello Chris,

Nassau is also a nice place to stay.

We will open our ears for U2 and put some review on the web after all.

Good luck.

Cor

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 26 Sep 2010, 07:11 pm »
Patrick, do your IP blocking thing with this dirtbag and not just on the VSA circle but the entire AC if you can.

please note...this post applied to a poster that has since been given the boot...not to my buddy Cor above  :)  Over and out.
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2010, 10:29 pm by es347 »

Delacroix

« Reply #7 on: 26 Sep 2010, 11:03 pm »
Yes, in case you missed it, we had a visit from a rather unpleasant spammer today, to which Gavin's note referred,  but thankfully sanity has been restored (or the close approximation of what passes for sanity round these parts :) 

For future reference, if you spot spam, please post a note on it on the Spam Alert thread in the Notices and Support forum on the AC Circles page: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=141.0
and from there, those with the real power will resolve the matter.

Peace

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 27 Sep 2010, 01:05 am »
One normally associates SPAM with commercial gain but occasionally one of this type shows up reminding us all of the importance of actually having a life.  Go get em delacroix!  :thumb: