Longhorn tech question.

Artie

Longhorn tech question.
« on: 16 Sep 2010, 11:56 am »
Does it matter if the Longhorn mod is attached to the headshell, rather than the cartridge itself? (Or the tonearm, for that matter.) It seems to me that it would provide the same function regardless of where its attached. By attaching it to the headshell, it would make cartridge swaps easier.

Side note: Interesting. The forum spell checker doesn't like the word "headshell".   

rcag_ils

Re: Longhorn tech question.
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2010, 03:23 pm »
It's one of the good questions. Don't get me wrong, it's just because most of the time, they are comments instead of questions.

I don't have the answer, other than I've heard that the bar needs to be as close to the stylus as possible. But I've also heard that once upon a time, someone put a bar somewhere in the arm, that's why the longhorn can't be patended. Correct me if I am wrong.
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2010, 07:06 pm by rcag_ils »

srb

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2010, 04:07 pm »
Side note: Interesting. The forum spell checker doesn't like the word "headshell".

I don't believe the forum software has a spell check function.  You are most likely seeing spell check results from the spell check dictionary built into the browser that you are using, i.e. Firefox, etc.

Steve

Artie

« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2010, 09:05 am »
Steve; I believe you're right. I just never realized that before because forums are about the only place I type in my browser. (Opera, btw.)