Vintage Tuners for Cheap!! SALE Pending on both!

Audioclyde

Vintage Tuners for Cheap!! SALE Pending on both!
« on: 10 Sep 2010, 02:46 pm »
I have a couple of vintage tuners that have just been in the closet for the last 2-3 years; they need to find good homes with someone that will appreciate them.  I'm not looking for much, just basically want to make it worth my time.

First is a Sansui TU-717.  Worked great when last used and is cosmetically in good condition, but I imagine it needs alignment. As I recall, the mute switch on the front sometimes worked and sometimes would not (likely all need a good cleaning).

Next, I have a rare creature:  Audioquest Mclaren 1002.  I have an info sheet somewhere on this guy, basically it was a unit that an importer owned, and never really hit the US market.  Its smaller than the typical vintage tuner, has a sort of champagne/goldish face plate, and to me sounded quite a bit better than the Sansui.  Again, cosmetically very good and performed perfectly for me. 

I would like $60 for each (or $100 for both if some vintage guy would like to have them), plus shipping & paypal.  CONUS ony please.  SALE Pending on both tuners to armstdav!

Again, lots of feedback on the 'Gon (user name "Rrsclyde") and numerous transactions here on AC for reference.

Thanks,

Randy
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2010, 06:09 pm by Audioclyde »

billbillw

Re: Vintage Tuners for Cheap!!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2010, 05:45 pm »
I'd be interested in seeing photos of both these units if you can get them without too much trouble. The Sansui is a no brainer for that price, as long as the face is clean. I know nothing of the AQ tuner though and can't seem to find any info on the web. Any way you could scan the product sheet?

armstdav

Re: Vintage Tuners for Cheap!!
« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2010, 06:01 pm »
PM sent

Audioclyde

Re: Vintage Tuners for Cheap!! SALE Pending on both!
« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2010, 06:10 pm »
I found this tidbit on the Mclaren (I believe I have more of the story from the same guy mentioned in the link, saved on my laptop at home):

http://www.audiocircuit.com/Home-Audio/Mclaren/1002

Phil A

Re: Vintage Tuners for Cheap!! SALE Pending on both!
« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2010, 07:57 pm »
The Sansui is a steal.  I have a modded one.