FS: Ohm Walsh - Super Walsh 2.2000 - 8 mos. old; upgraded parts!

MarkR7

Scaling back my system..... first kid in college, and here come the bills!

Up for sale.... (cost me over $2,600); asking $1995 $1,795.

My Ohm Walsh Super Walsh 2.2000 speakers! Rosewood finish, in splendid condition. Original owner, 8 to 9 months old.

These are the same as the current Ohm Walsh 2000s.. the only difference is that the new 2000 drivers are mounted in the older style 2XO pyramid cabinet, which I prefer to the newer column type cabinet.

These have been specially upgraded with:
- Cardas "gold over rhodium" speaker cable posts (a very necessary upgrade, imo, compared to the cheap original posts.
- Oyaide Across 2000 internal speaker wiring....nice
- No Rez damping material (inside the cavity)

$280 worth of upgrades!

These are just fine for a medium sized room. Single driver purity, awesome, holographic soundstage, superbly natural / real midrange, and impressive dynamics. You won't be disappointed!

These sound great with higher powered amps (e.g. a Wyred 4 Sound ST-500, 250watts per channel, which is what I happily used).

Other than the necessary upgrades, they are in the same shape as when they arrived from Ohm. No issues with the fabric in the top hat grills, and no issues with the cabinets.

Local pickup highly recommended and preferred! Otherwise, buyer agrees to pay all shipping (from 60062) and paypal fees (if applicable). I have the orig. crates; they are built to withstand World War III. These will ship in 3 crates.

Pics can be seen on Audiogon.... 1markr... or I can send them to you...
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2010, 05:35 pm by MarkR7 »

jackman

Interesting speakers. I have never listened to these in person but I hear they are very good sounding.

MarkR7

Indeed, they are very good sounding with the caveat that they are placed in a small or medium sized room.  They were just a little too small to energize my 25' x 20' family room (which is open in the back).

Interesting speakers. I have never listened to these in person but I hear they are very good sounding.

MarkR7

Price now reduced to $1795... motivated to sell!