For Sale: Rotel RCD-971 CDP - Restored and modded

Alexdad54

For Sale: Rotel RCD-971 CDP - Restored and modded
« on: 7 Sep 2010, 03:21 pm »

For Sale: Rotel RCD-971 - Restored & modified
This classic low-jitter HDCD CD player has the 20 Bit Burr-Brown PCM63 chips and gold RCA output jacks and a coaxial S/PDIF digital output. It has just had a brand new laser installed and the transport chassis has been rebuilt with all new motors, leaf switches and ribbon. New LM4562 op amps were also installed as well as a new custom Tentlabs XO module and clock circuit. The player functions perfectly and the clock upgrade has tightened up the bass and improved the imaging while the 4562s have done a great job in increased transparency and low level detail. Externally it’s very clean with no visible marks or scratches.

These changes have tremendously improved an already classic CDP and it is now good for years to come.

The player comes with the original remote and user manual and a copy of the service manual. Also included are the original op amps and ribbon. I can also throw in a new cryo'ed Schurter 15a captured power cord adapter (retail $20) which I intended to use but never put it on.

Rated as a 7 for age and the mods.

Price: $300 including shipping to CONUS

« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2010, 01:56 pm by Alexdad54 »

Alexdad54

Re: For Sale: Rotel RCD-971 CDP - Restored and slightly modded
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2010, 02:00 pm »
BUMP

Now with shipping included! :thumb:

Alexdad54

Re: For Sale: Rotel RCD-971 CDP - Restored and slightly modded
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2010, 08:10 pm »
^bump^ Make me an offer!  :thumb: