Anyone looking to sell there VS TS-300 or TS-310 surrounds?

mjaudio

I have older Von Schweikert VR-4 Gen-II, LCR-31 and TS-210 surrounds but I would love to add the TS-300 or TS-310 surrounds for the side. They are the only floor standing surrounds that VS ever made if I am not mistaken and floor standers are what I need.

If anyone has a pair they want to sell then please contact me.

I know I am knew here but I have extensive posts at the avsforum as well as plenty of feedback on ebay and audiogon under the same username: Mjaudio.

Thank you.

Mike

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Re: Anyone looking to sell there VS TS-300 or TS-310 surrounds?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2010, 10:00 pm »
Hello Mike,

Just ask VSA at service@vonschweikert.com about the new TS 3 surrounds they make. They are familiar to those who you are looking for but with the latest update.

See the press-release:

March, 2010.  Murrieta, California.  Von Schweikert Audio is pleased to announce a new surround speaker system, the TS-3, developed for use with the VR-33 main tower speaker system and LCR-4 center channel speaker..

Since the VR-33 uses high quality drive units designed in Denmark,  we have used the same brand of speaker components in the new TS-3 to enable correct timbre matching. 
Generally, the rear surround speakers are not played as loud as the front speakers in a typical movie, so surround speakers do not have to be engineered with high power ratings or expensive parts used for main speakers in the front.

For these reasons, the speaker components are not 100% identical to the drivers in the VR-33 or its matching center channel, the LCR-4.  However, the build quality and sonic performance are in agreement with our VR-33 and LCR-4.  The engineering trade-offs were simple – make the new TS-3 sound great, but don’t use up too much of the customers money to do it.  We saved money by using Black Ash veneer on the cabinet instead of an expensive Steinway Hi-gloss finish.

The TS-3 is a 6.5” two-way system with a powerful paper/composite bass-mid and a sweet sounding 1” silk dome tweeter, driven by a high quality crossover not normally found in surround speakers at this low cost.  To ensure clarity, we made a very heavy duty cabinet with 50mm composite walls to prevent vibration and unwanted resonances.

SPECIFICATIONS

Woofer – Scanspeak-designed 6.5” woofer with composite/paper based cone and Low Distortion Motor.  This bass-mid was designed to match our VR-33 and LCR-4.
Tweeter – Scanspeak-designed 1” silk dome tweeter with Low Distortion Motor. This tweeter was voiced to match our VR-33 and LCR-4 systems.
Crossover – Global Axis Integration Network with 24dB/oct performance, film and foil capacitors and air core inductors are used for low distortion and zero coloration.
Power Rating – 10 watts minimum, up to 100 watts maximum.
Impedance – 8 ohms nominal.
Sensitivity- 87 dB @ 1 watt / 1 meter.
Size – 14” tall x 9” wide x 12” deep.  Sealed box design. 
Weight -  20 lbs each.

Good luck.

Cor

mjaudio

« Reply #2 on: 3 Sep 2010, 01:20 am »
Thanks for the info Cor.

The TS-300's are a different animal than the TS3 and while the new models use better updated drivers the TS-300 is a better match for my older speakers.

I did try a pair of VR4 Jr's to replace my old VR-4 Gen II but to me my older speakers were clearly better. I may try the new VR-33 in the future but am not crazy about going with another speaker with a sock or just make the jump to the VR-4 SR's but for now I am satisfied.

Funny story, I have been trying to replace my VR-4 Gen II's for the longest time because I am not crazy about the looks. I picked up a pair of Aerial 9's for a good deal which are beautiful but when I compared them to my old VS's I was disappointed. Even an audiophile friend of mine who really likes the Aerial's listened to the 2 in my set-up and preferred my old VS speakers, he was just as surprised as I was. At this time I still had my Halcro SSP-200 and the amp was a EAD PM2000 and later a Theta Dreadnaught.

These VR-4 Gen II's are the one constant in my system of ANY other component I have ever owned, Albert must have made them especially for me :D The LCR-31 is also great, I just want the TS-310 to round out the package.

JackD201

« Reply #3 on: 3 Sep 2010, 02:43 am »
Hearing Gen IIs at a friend's place made me take the VSA route. By the time I ordered they had been replaced by the Gen III HSE. That was the start of the very great ride that I am still on :) I can't blame you for loving the Gen IIs mj.

Antoine

« Reply #4 on: 3 Sep 2010, 10:20 am »
Same here, started with the GenII's in October 2005, then Gen III HSE (end of 2006) and now VR-5 SE MKII with an upgrade to Anniversary designation on the way. Once you hear VSA you're hooked for life! :thumb:

mjaudio

« Reply #5 on: 3 Sep 2010, 07:30 pm »
VR-5 Anniversary's, your killing me :bawl:

I have tried in vain to stray from the VS fold, I should just move up the VS chain as nothing else comes close.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #6 on: 4 Sep 2010, 02:09 pm »
..and to apply a little salt to the wound...(drum roll) my VR5 Annies...(cymbal crash).  Sorry, couldn't help myself  :lol:

mjaudio

« Reply #7 on: 4 Sep 2010, 06:21 pm »
Man, you guys are brutal.......those VR-5's are gorgeous.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 5 Sep 2010, 01:17 pm »
thanks mj.. :thumb:

allezmike

« Reply #9 on: 5 Nov 2010, 03:00 pm »
Hi Mike,

Just saw your post.  I do have a pair of Von Schweikert MKII ST310.  They are in perfect condition. I purchaed them new, and have the original cartons and receipt.  The top and bottom is Cherry.  Are you still searching?  If so, please let me know.

mjaudio

« Reply #10 on: 5 Nov 2010, 04:02 pm »
Hi Mike,

Just saw your post.  I do have a pair of Von Schweikert MKII ST310.  They are in perfect condition. I purchaed them new, and have the original cartons and receipt.  The top and bottom is Cherry.  Are you still searching?  If so, please let me know.

I am definitely still interested. I will send you a PM right now.

Thank you.

Mike

mjaudio

« Reply #11 on: 30 Dec 2010, 09:10 pm »
allezmike really hooked me up with an excellent set of TS-310's in red cherry which are even better than I was expecting. My search is finally over :D

Thank you very much Mike, your a class act my friend :thumb:

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #12 on: 31 Dec 2010, 12:26 am »
How about a picture or two?  :thumb:

mjaudio

« Reply #13 on: 31 Dec 2010, 03:01 am »
I will get some pics this weekend, if there a bit blurry just blame it on the hangover :beer: :wine:

Here is the info on these:

http://www.vonschweikert.com/vrtheater/TS-310M.HTM

Happy New Year Everyone  :drums: :guitar: :banana piano: