So if I buy a pair of new in box LS6 cabinets for $20, is it Cheap & Cheerful?

Savage

So I got the lowest price of any of the LS6 cabinets that sold at av123's auction. I got brand spankin' new in box, Palisander naturals for $70. A forum member wanted help with shipping and was willing to spend $50 for me to pack up a few items and send them off via Fedex. So I figure at $20 for the pair, it comes out to a little less than 7¢ a pound! Danny Ritchie got a killer deal on a lot of crossovers, so he has stated he's willing to pass along the savings. His LS6 kit usually goes for about 2 grand, but I look forward to his deal. While the completed speaker may not fit within the confines of this post, these speakers competed favorably to speakers at a 20 grand price point so the term cheap is all relative.

If you're really willing to seek out the deals, and willing to plug in a soldering iron, it's amazing the quality that can be obtained within a realistic price point. I'm also thinking about picking up a used SACD player as I've seen them as cheap as $50, instead of the four digit pricetag they were originally selling them for. Same goes for HD-DVD. Even though they are dead formats doesn't mean they were not of high quality. The SACD & HD-DVD media is also dirt cheap, titles going for a few bucks a piece.

JohnR

So if I buy a pair of new in box LS6 cabinets for $20, is it Cheap & Cheerful?

Only if you get the drivers and crossovers for the same price ;)

TrungT

"Cheap and Cheerful" ONLY If we all can get a group buy for the same price.
 :thumb:

Doublej

I am not following the logic. If I buy a pair of speakers for $100K but help out my employer and get $99,990 in exchange for that work my net price is $10 :scratch:

Great deal, will make a killer system, $70 is very cheap, will be very cheerful once they are built up.

Big Red Machine

Only if you get the drivers and crossovers for the same price ;)

Probably need a new circle for "Audio Thefts"!! :lol:

Mariusz

Probably need a new circle for "Audio Thefts"!! :lol:
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
THANK YOU !