FS: Thorens TD-160 MK I - Curly Maple Plinth ***SOLD***

philltubes

***SOLD***I have a nice clean example of the TD-160 MKI table with TP-16 arm. Mechanicals have been cleaned and lubed, the arm bearings are snug and the platter bearing is in good condition, new headshell wires have been installed. The belt works fine but a new belt might elevate the performance even further. As pictured, the table comes with a substantial Curly Maple plinth with 6 coats of hand rubbed poly, the bottom plate is 3/4" birch ply with 3 rubber feet. I have applied some foam sheeting to the underside of the top plate and inner platter, the foam can be removed if you decide to use a different material for damping. The table comes with and will be shipped in the original plinth as the maple plinth is not equipped with the chassis lock down bolts. Rated a 7 for age. I have the black plastic screw covers that go over the screw heads on the top plate which are not pictured. Selling for $425.00.

For shipping I will remove the platter/bearing, headshell and counterweight to prevent damage and the chassis will be locked down for a safe trip. The table does not include a dustcover or a cartridge. Let me know if you have any questions. At my asking price I will absorb Paypal fees.

« Last Edit: 3 Sep 2010, 05:55 pm by philltubes »