SOLD - Sonic Integrity Tube Pod (aka Dared, Fatman iTube)

kkennan

I am the original owner of this Sonic Integrity Tube Pod ( Manufactured by Dared and same as the Fatman itube). This desktop system combines a 13 watt hybrid tube integrated amp and headphone amp (tubes in the input stage and digital amps, like Tripath, providing the juice). I have been using it to play music from my PC as well as from a CD player via the RCA inputs. Great reviews on both positive-feedback.com and enjoythemusic.com (as Dared MP5; this version does not have the usb Dac) as well as many other sites.

The unit comes in the original box, with all accessories. I have been using two NOS Valvo ECC85 (1970 with a manufacturing code indicating they came from Philips Heerleen Holland plant) and NOS RFT/ RWN Neuhaus ECC85s (Made in E. Germany) which will come with the amp. Both sets of tubes have under a couple of hundred hours on them This is a great chance to try out one of these little wonders. Price is $225, with shipping in the USA free, but please add 3% for PayPal. Amp is mint, and works perfect. E-mail me with any questions.

« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2010, 07:43 pm by kkennan »

kkennan

Re: Sonic Integrity Tube Pod (aka Dared, Fatman iTube)
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2010, 03:22 pm »
Price reduced to $200 which includes shipping and PayPal.

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2010, 07:52 pm »
Just a couple notes on this amp.

It is an excellent little amp, recently sold mine (for more than this one is going for, and without extra tubes).

I believe that these are actually built by HCT (mine came directly from South Korea via Iraq). Dared is the brand name we see here in Canada. The power amp is not Class D but a TDA chipAmp (better IMHO)

dave

kkennan

« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2010, 01:53 am »
Dave,

Thanks for the recommendation for the amp. I like these a lot and have two of them. I am keeping the one I use with my computer setup, but am selling the second one I bought which I used for 6 months in my main system while I acquired some Eastern Electric pieces.

Kevin

kkennan

Re: SOLD - Sonic Integrity Tube Pod (aka Dared, Fatman iTube)
« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2010, 07:44 pm »
Both amps are sold. Thanks.