Quality Photo Printers

bside123

Quality Photo Printers
« on: 24 Aug 2010, 09:15 pm »
Can anyone recommend or give any good tips on what to look for in a high-quality photo printer? Brands, models, features, paper & print sizes, price range, economy (bang for the buck)? I would like to start doing my own photo printing at home and would like high quality prints. Any info to help point me in the right direction would be appreciated. I'm still in the darkroom. :roll: Thanks. 

srb

Re: Quality Photo Printers
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2010, 09:43 pm »
I'm curious also.  Although I'm sure there are many that output a nice looking photo, two big concerns of mine would be ink color stability and moisture resistance.

It's not easy to compete with the technology and precision of a dedicated $50K photo printer that you might find at a photo processor.

Steve

SET Man

Re: Quality Photo Printers
« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2010, 01:01 am »
Can anyone recommend or give any good tips on what to look for in a high-quality photo printer? Brands, models, features, paper & print sizes, price range, economy (bang for the buck)? I would like to start doing my own photo printing at home and would like high quality prints. Any info to help point me in the right direction would be appreciated. I'm still in the darkroom. :roll: Thanks.

Hey!

From what I've seen personally I haven't come across one that can give me the real "Photo Quality prints" yet.

I have to say that my personal experience of which is not much. The most expensive inkjet printer I've use is the EPSON... forgot the model but it was about $700 a few years back I think. And I have to say it still can't give me the photo QC that I can get from the photo lab.

Well, I'm not sure how the more expensive ones today are. But for me I find is better to get prints from my local photo lab that I've been going to since the film's day. This lab us Fuji Frontier machine and Fuji Cystal Archive paper... real light sensitive photo paper. 4X6 cost me $0.29 each but with minimum of $3 per job.

Anyway, to sum it up for me is that I think it is still better to get print from a good photo lab that use real photo paper. If there's none in you area I think Fuji dose have online print service but not sure how well are they.

Take care,
Buddy :thumb: