The kids have me hooked on Rock Band, Lego Rock Band, & Band Hero

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
It was only this past Christmas that we finally gave in and got our boys a Wii.  Well my oldest is about to have his 9th b-day and he asked for Band Hero.  He got his gift a little early and we have been playing Band Hero and Lego Rock Band for the past few days and it has been a BLAST!!

Not only is a great to play the game as a family, but these games are another way to expose the boys to all kinds of music.  Tonight, we were jamming to Queen, Elton John, The Police, Rascal Flatts, Iggy Pop, Bon Jovi, Carl Douglas, and many others.  After we played, we went upstairs and listened to some of the same songs on my 2 channel system.  The boys sang along and played air guitar or drums.   :guitar: :drums:

On Wednesday, a few more gifts are coming (Beatles Rock Band, Guitar Hero 5, and Guitar Hero Aerosmith) and I can't wait to play them with the family.

Does anybody else out there enjoy these games?

BTW, buying the games used on Amazon is a great way to stretch your budget.

George

HAL

• Industry Contributor
George,
Got our XBox360 setup for Rock Band2 and Guitar Hero in 2008 just after Christmas.  Our nephew brought the one he received for Christmas over and we were hooked.

Waiting for RockBand3 in October this year as it will have a Pro mode to work with a real MIDI guitar and MIDI keyboard.  Our nephew has one on order, so will be giving it a try once he brings it over.  If it is good, then will have to order that one as well.

We have RB, RB2, GH3, RB Green Day, GH Van Halen and RB Beatles.  The wife wanted the RB Beatles version and loves to play it with her family.   

I have a feeling the new RB3 will start to teach real instruments to a new generation of folks that never had music classes in elementary school like I did growing up.

TomW16

I know exactly where you are coming from George.  We gave our family the Wii Rock Band game for Christmas and it brought me back to when I used to rent drums with my brother in high school.  I ended up buying a set of drums for my 40th birthday and now I use them many times each week.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
My son has a couple of the "Rock Bands", can't recall which ones.
I played it once, but was put off by the silly pushing of the colored buttons to "play" the guitar. I did find it entertaining, and was greatly amused when my son says, "Hey Dad, come check out this cool new song"......come to find out the song was older than I am.  :lol:

Bob