Anyone have any experience with this driver?

sts9fan

Re: Anyone have any experience with this driver?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2010, 04:10 pm »
VOXATIV AC-1.0
The AC-1.0 is the most cheapest way to enter the world of Voxativ .....

:lol:

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2010, 04:22 pm »
 :roll: I know these drivers are out of range for most of you cheap bastards including me, but hey they're a lot cheaper than the ridiculously overpriced Feastrix drivers.  We can all dream, right?  :green:

sts9fan

« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2010, 04:25 pm »
I totally agree.  Although I think the Lowther feild coils will be around the same price as those feild coils.  I could be wrong though.   

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2010, 05:01 pm »
Top of the line AC-X driver (field coil version) is about $5850 with the standard power supply, additional $525 with transformer based power supply, and additional $2875 for battery power supply.  AC-1 driver (cheapest of the line) is about $1392.  Why so much for a battery power supply? Does it have gold sprinkled in it? I swear I don't understand the pricing scheme of this company.  But still, it is within reach for some of us, unlike the Feastrix drivers which I do not believe is worth anything close to what they are charging. If we all concentrate really hard, clap our shoes, and sell one of our testicles, we may be able to afford one Feastrex driver that's been run over by a truck and crapped on by a dog.
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2010, 12:07 am by Dracule1 »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2010, 05:24 pm »
Top of the line AC-X driver (field coil version) is about $5850 with the standard power supply, additional $525 with transformer based power supply, and additional $2875 for battery power supply.  AC-1 driver (cheapest of the line) is about $1392.  Why so much for a battery power supply? Does it have gold sprinkled in it? I swear I don't understand the pricing scheme of this company.  But still, it is within reach for some of us, unlike the Feastrix drivers which I do not believe is worth anything close to what they are charging. If we all concentrate really hard, clap our shoes, and sell one of our testicles, we may be able to afford one Feastrex driver that's been run over by a truck.
I think many US makers or hobbyst people can made two great battery supplies for less money than near 3 K dollars, inclusive a tubed supply.
Regards

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2010, 03:52 pm »
Sure is "purty", but goat skin suspensions??

But as a simple country boy I think that I'll stick with EnABL'd F200A drivers.