Favorite bottled Steak Sauce?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Re: Favorite bottled Steak Sauce?
« Reply #20 on: 5 Sep 2010, 06:19 am »
When I make Bearnaise I saute minced shallots, then add red wine vinegar and reduce au sec.  Then you combine that with hollandaise.  I guess you could omit the shallots but without the reduction it's not bearnaise. :nono: :lol:

Eric

« Reply #21 on: 16 Nov 2010, 02:38 pm »
I like the one bottled by Texas Road House. Also like A-1

turkey

« Reply #22 on: 16 Nov 2010, 03:05 pm »
I'm tempted to try Cackalacky Spice Sauce just because of the name.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #23 on: 14 Dec 2010, 02:01 pm »
Steak sauce is for whimps. :lol: Buy the right steak say Rib Eye or porterhouse, NY Delmoneco strip. The only sauce for me is pizzaola. Made with anchovy, red wine, beef stock, tomato , parsely and oregano. A hearty sauce for a hearty meat. Keep those vinegar based sauces for the pork and chicken.

charles

turkey

« Reply #24 on: 14 Dec 2010, 04:14 pm »
I went out with some friends for steaks last week, and one of them asked for steak sauce. I talked to him about it and told him that a good steak shouldn't need sauce.

He replied that he just liked it that way. He's always used steak sauce and so has everyone else in his family.

I can't argue with that. Steak sauce may not be for me, but to each his own.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #25 on: 14 Dec 2010, 04:34 pm »
I went out with some friends for steaks last week, and one of them asked for steak sauce. I talked to him about it and told him that a good steak shouldn't need sauce.

He replied that he just liked it that way. He's always used steak sauce and so has everyone else in his family.

I can't argue with that. Steak sauce may not be for me, but to each his own.

Niether can I as long as its not ketchup.  :thumb:

charles

sanjaygolf

« Reply #26 on: 14 Dec 2010, 05:00 pm »
Using steak sauce is sacrilegious.  And to the people who say they use it because they're used to it and it's what they like probably have never had a good steak and dont really know what they're missing.

scp2

« Reply #27 on: 14 Dec 2010, 08:52 pm »
I rarely use sauce...but if I do.... Pickapeppa from Jaimaca.

Mostly just finish with some blue cheese butter after the flip....with a nice Cab.

Another option is truffle salt and pepper..pretty yummy too.

mark funk

« Reply #28 on: 14 Dec 2010, 08:57 pm »

A1

:smoke:

turkey

« Reply #29 on: 14 Dec 2010, 09:25 pm »
Using steak sauce is sacrilegious.  And to the people who say they use it because they're used to it and it's what they like probably have never had a good steak and dont really know what they're missing.

As I said, I was out with some friends, and I don't use steak sauce. I thought the steak I had was excellent.

I'm sure my friend has had good steaks before, and he obviously had a good one last week. We were at Morton's, which may not be the best steakhouse around, but it's far from the worst.

He just likes his steak sauce. End of story. :)