Bryston Dealer in Saskatoon

werd

Bryston Dealer in Saskatoon
« on: 18 Aug 2010, 12:32 am »
Pulsworks in Saskatoon will be opening up a dedicated highend store on 2900 block of Albert St.

On display will be the 28Bs, 4B, 6B,s with the BP26, BDA, BCD and BDP. They will be partnering their gear with Dali speakers, PMC and Snell.

They are also a Macintosh dealer with a healthy supply of mac gear, Cambridge and YBA also.

All this stuff is there in their recording studio, i have seen it and is ready to go.

This is significant since Saskatoon hasnt seen a highend store dedicated with this kind of inventory in decades (literally). Finally  :thumb:

www.PulsWorks.com

1oldguy

Re: Bryston Dealer in Saskatoon
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2010, 12:44 am »
Maybe it's just me...But I feel that if a Dealer doesn't carry the gear you want ....The Dealers profit margin shouldn't be as high.They are just the middle man after all.That would give them the incentive to carry the lines for the full profit margin..JMO..Yours may vary.

It's great to see that a store actually has the gear on site.About time.

HAITIMAN

« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2010, 12:49 am »
Pulsworks in Saskatoon will be opening up a dedicated highend store on 2900 block of Albert St.

On display will be the 28Bs, 4B, 6B,s with the BP26, BDA, BCD and BDP. They will be partnering their gear with Dali speakers, PMC and Snell.

They are also a Macintosh dealer with a healthy supply of mac gear, Cambridge and YBA also.

All this stuff is there in their recording studio, i have seen it and is ready to go.

This is significant since Saskatoon hasnt seen a highend store dedicated with this kind of inventory in decades (literally). Finally  :thumb:

www.PulsWorks.com

I can't remember the name of the place....on 2nd Ave I think. I still have my Lenco TT that I got at that place...just a few weeks before it closed. 1979?

werd

« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2010, 01:12 am »
I can't remember the name of the place....on 2nd Ave I think. I still have my Lenco TT that I got at that place...just a few weeks before it closed. 1979?

Mag would know, I moved here in 91. Not since then at least. Although there was one place on Broadway about 10 years ago that opened for about 2 years.....

VOLKS

« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2010, 01:58 am »
Mag would know, I moved here in 91. Not since then at least. Although there was one place on Broadway about 10 years ago that opened for about 2 years.....

Harrys Hi-Fi?

werd

« Reply #5 on: 18 Aug 2010, 02:25 am »

Harrys Hi-Fi?

Thats in Regina, are they even a Bryston dealer?

Mag

« Reply #6 on: 18 Aug 2010, 02:28 am »

On 2nd Ave, I think that was called the Harmony Center. That's where I bought my first Bryston 2B, Hafler Pre-amp, Technics TT, Eos Model 10 speakers and Stax headphones. It think that was the summer of '79.

Then the store move across the street and became the Sony Store, then moved to the Mall on 1st ave..

I don't recall an audio store on Broadway, it may have been Long & Maquade or H.E.L on Broadway and merged, moving to 43rd st.. They sell music instruments and may have sold audio gear as well.

KeithA

« Reply #7 on: 18 Aug 2010, 02:35 am »
Maybe it's just me...But I feel that if a Dealer doesn't carry the gear you want ....The Dealers profit margin shouldn't be as high.They are just the middle man after all.That would give them the incentive to carry the lines for the full profit margin..JMO..Yours may vary.

It's great to see that a store actually has the gear on site.About time.

I agree 100%.

Keith

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #8 on: 18 Aug 2010, 05:29 am »
Cool, that's a lot of great equipment!

95Dyna

« Reply #9 on: 18 Aug 2010, 12:42 pm »
Hey werd,

If you get over there and they have the Dali Helicon 800's let me know what you think of them with the Brystons.  I might just have to get my passport renewed and take a road trip.....never been to Saskatoon.

werd

« Reply #10 on: 18 Aug 2010, 06:03 pm »
Hey werd,

If you get over there and they have the Dali Helicon 800's let me know what you think of them with the Brystons.  I might just have to get my passport renewed and take a road trip.....never been to Saskatoon.

Hi Dyna

For sure  :thumb:. He as more Dali's than anything else. He bought out the old line (cant remember what it was, find out) in Canada since he like the series so much. Went and searched them out and bought from the dealers.  I have heard them with sst series and they were excellent. Mentioned it about year ago on here somewhere.

I will let you know if he has those Helicon 800's.  :thumb:

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #11 on: 18 Aug 2010, 06:43 pm »
Dalis, huh. How do they compare to the other heavy hitters?

2bigears

« Reply #12 on: 18 Aug 2010, 07:08 pm »
 :D  there is a shortage of money in Saskscrathyourbum.been there done that.slow place to try to run any kinda store. :D

sfraser

« Reply #13 on: 19 Aug 2010, 01:25 am »
Ahhhh good old Saskatchewan.....hard to spell but easy to draw :)
(probably applicable to Canadians only)

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
« Reply #14 on: 19 Aug 2010, 06:46 pm »
Ahhhh good old Saskatchewan.....hard to spell but easy to draw :)
(probably applicable to Canadians only)
:thumb:

HAITIMAN

« Reply #15 on: 19 Aug 2010, 06:55 pm »
It's pretty flat in Saskatchewan......if you stand on a tuna fish can....you can see Denver......

Mag

« Reply #16 on: 20 Aug 2010, 02:58 am »
 The Saskatchewanian fanatics Handbook. :inlove:

Robert D

« Reply #17 on: 20 Aug 2010, 11:41 am »
The Saskatchewanian fanatics Handbook. :inlove:

How many Pages ?

Robert

Mag

« Reply #18 on: 20 Aug 2010, 05:02 pm »
336 pages, 2nd edition print in 1999. Its a pretty comprehensive book, the population figures are out of date as we are now officially over 1 million residence.

I expect as oil becomes more scarce that Saskatchewan will boom. Oil wasn't developed like in Alberta, mainly due to previous government policies. Last year saw record oil drilling.

We have a lot of resources that the world wants and needs. The growth potential is enormous.

But I tell you there seems to be 3 times the traffic in Saskatoon from 10 years ago and I don't like it. I long for the days when Saskatoon was the best kept secret. :cry:

werd

« Reply #19 on: 18 Oct 2010, 11:55 pm »
Hello

Well if anybody wants to check out the 28's or a 14 in Saskatoon is welcome to do so. Pulsworks is now open and Dave is particularily friendly to walk in traffic. He sells PMC, Dali and Snell with a great inventory.