Room Size and speaker choice

neyloj2

Room Size and speaker choice
« on: 12 Aug 2010, 12:29 am »
Greetings all, newbie here. My room is 10x18x9. Wood floor. I have Jolida 801A reference upgrades. My Scoutmaster will be here tomorrow with Van den hul mc10. I just ordered some GIK panels and will get bass traps too. I have Quad IIL speakers but want Von Schweikert vr-4 jr Mk2. For now I listen near field 6ft and vocals even on my Pioneer p115 are like honey. But I need more dynamic sound. Heres the question: Can I put the Von Schweiks in that size room?

raindance

Re: Room Size and speaker choice
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2010, 03:10 pm »
Greetings all, newbie here. My room is 10x18x9. Wood floor. I have Jolida 801A reference upgrades. My Scoutmaster will be here tomorrow with Van den hul mc10. I just ordered some GIK panels and will get bass traps too. I have Quad IIL speakers but want Von Schweikert vr-4 jr Mk2. For now I listen near field 6ft and vocals even on my Pioneer p115 are like honey. But I need more dynamic sound. Heres the question: Can I put the Von Schweiks in that size room?

How about a picture of the current layout so we can provide suggestions. I think the room is rather small for the VR4's and that the listening distance is too nearfield for good driver integration, but let's take a look anyway.