Le Amp II - anyone received any recently ??

Marky UK

« on: 23 Feb 2004, 08:16 pm »
Has anyone received any Le AMP II recently ?

I am really tempted to order 5 of them, but not really sure if anyone is receiving them at the moment?

Thanks,

Mark.

KKM

« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2004, 08:50 pm »
I did receive 2 a few weeks ago but their are some quality issues. I was going to post but didn't want to post anything negative because nOrh is aware of it and trying to make amends. The 2 I received are now being prepared to ship back to them. One has a loud hum and the other died after 45 minutes of play.But what was more distressing was that the internals of both were different. From Michael's explanation, they dealt with a company that put together the amps and trusted them without checking on their work, nOrh later got screwed by them and they took off with the prepaid money. But I think they are back on track with the quality issues and testing each unit. But if I were you, I would wait just a little longer until they can straighten out the issues.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2004, 09:33 pm »
That's just incredible to me!  After that kind of wait you'd think the QC issues would be resolved.  No knock on MB- he's been put thru the wringer with the LA II & I'm sure he's trying- but if I was putting my name on a product I'd at least inspect them before shipping! :nono:

infiniti driver

Fill me in please...
« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2004, 04:25 pm »
Hi KKM, were they the series II or just the original Le amp?

What I have gathered is that many of the previous situations have been sorted out and that the LeAmp II's are being tested "to the fare-ye well" before getting in customers hands. I am curious about this as their were problems to be expected with the original series and some of the goings on that occured but I am in the impression that all of the "II" amplifiers are being treated with kids gloves on the quality assurance and meeting seriously high expectations.

Although I have no business intrest in the nOrh company professionally or their products, I am interested in the amplifiers and the cable as a consumer and maybe professionally at some point. I do like to see a homegrown manufacture "make it" and provide an alternative to boutique products with their tassled menu prices. Hats off to any manufacture that strives to be a solid force in this industry...I just want to know if it was the Leamp II or the regular Leamps in question here. It would be kind-of a "set-back" if indeed yours were from the newest batches of manufacturing. If true, some time to weed out the bugs is of order. From communication with Michael, he is doing 12 hour burn-ins of them as we speak. Certainly, everyone involved wants to make sure the product meets or exceeds their expectation in performance and value. That is all a customer asks anyway.

KKM

« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2004, 10:35 pm »
Infiniti, they are the series II, I had asked them to make sure before shipping the amps if they had the hum resolved, which they assured me that it had. But as you read in my previous post they had some issues, I'm still trying to resolve this and get the most recent batch and return these 2 but haven't had any response from them.

Rocket

leamp 2
« Reply #5 on: 28 Feb 2004, 01:36 am »
Hi KKM,

have you sent an email direct to MB.

he is usually on the ball.

regards

rod

ps the leamp 2 sure has been a debacle for MB which is a shame.

KKM

« Reply #6 on: 28 Feb 2004, 06:00 pm »
Rod, I have sent him e-mails and he usually responds fairly quickly, not sure if he is ignoring them or is not getting them. I did ask him to pick up the shipping cost for the return which I feel that's a reasonable request since I got 2 bad amps from the get go, he still has not responded after 2 e-mails, I'm a fairly patient person so I'll wait a little longer, don't really want to make a big stink about it since I've purchase from them 3 times before without any problems.

infiniti driver

Hopefully soon for you..
« Reply #7 on: 28 Feb 2004, 07:21 pm »
I hope all of this situation works out for everyone. I like dealing with small dedicated manufacturers.  Hopefully MB is just traveling and has not seen your emails. I like to hope this will all come together for you. Of course I am not affiliated in any way...but once these bugs get ironed out, I certainly hope we all can look forward to some excellent values and nice product!

Cazza

LE AMP II - died
« Reply #8 on: 1 Mar 2004, 12:01 am »
You may be better off getting the boards replaced.They are quite easy to exchange.  This with prove a much more cost effective approach then sending the amp's back.