Fried Products floor standing 2 way transmission line speakers

NH4012

For a number of years I was a Fried Products dealer and sold a variety of models.   At some point, I sold a pair of large floor standing transmission line speakers and the person to whom I made that sale, traded them in a few days ago because she's moved into a much smaller space and decided it was time to sacrifice some accuracy and range in favor of smaller size.  I thought I'd recognize every model I ever sold but I find myself unable to identify the model of this pair.  They stand 38½" tall, are 19" deep and 12" wide, are two way with 8" woofer and 3/4" dome tweeter, and are walnut veneered.  There is one nasty veneer chip near the bottom of one cabinet.   They sound terrific, but that almost goes without saying.  Anyway, I don't have the original or any appropriate cartons or buffers so I'm going to sell them to someone willing to pick them up in Keene, NH, which is about 90 minutes west of Boston, north of Hartford and east of Albany.   You are welcome to make any third party arrangements for transport but I can't pack or palletize them.   I'm new to this forum but have been an eBay seller for over 12 years with some of their best feedback as interface-rick.  Feel free to check out my listings and feedback for credibility.    If anyone can identify, I'd appreciate it and, of course, I'd be happy to entertain offers.  Since I knew Bud Fried and talked to him many times, I'd be happy to discuss him and his products with interested parties.

scottnixon

• http://www.scott-nixon.com
Look like Studio IV to me, based on my mid-80s at a dealership.

NH4012

That sounds right.  It's funny.  I did a Google search on Fried Products and found lots of models, but not the Studio 4.  Thanx.

Dan Driscoll

Fried speakers have amazing sound quality. I have a pair of Beta Signatures and love them.  :thumb:

turkey

They're definitely Studio IVs.

They've got the Carbonneau woofers with the "duo-cone" and Hiquphon tweets. The woofers are early ones because the frames are silver. Later ones came with black painted frames.

I had a buddy who became a Fried dealer and he selected a pair of these as his personal speakers.

If I remember, these are a "line tunnel" design rather than true transmission lines.

PLADAAAD

NH4012,

Do you still have these?  I live in NY but my brother lives in Swanzey.  VERY INTERESTED!

I used to sell Fried speakers as well, in NYC in the early 80s, and new Bud well.

PLADAAAD