Anybody using a Droid Incredible?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Anybody using a Droid Incredible?
« on: 31 Jul 2010, 02:12 pm »
Just got one and was looking for tips and tricks to speed up my learning curve.

Any websites or forums that have proven useful would be great.

Thanks,

George

tenantman

• Industry Participant
  • Togetherness beats all odds
    • Caprice Audio
Re: Anybody using a Droid Incredible?
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2010, 02:27 pm »

George,

Lots of fun but watch the battery life. Suggest a dual charger from e-bay and use 1500 ma battery to keep the slim profile intact. Basic step is to charge it , turn the phone on for a few minutes then charge again. This reconditioning will help alot with the software battery glitch.
The best sites:  Android Central, Howard Forums, Droid Incredible forum, forum.xda for rooting to name a few. There are other ways check the "battery life" thread on Android Central.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jul 2010, 02:45 pm »
George,

Lots of fun but watch the battery life. Suggest a dual charger from e-bay and use 1500 ma battery to keep the slim profile intact. Basic step is to charge it , turn the phone on for a few minutes then charge again. This reconditioning will help alot with the software battery glitch.
The best sites:  Android Central, Howard Forums, Droid Incredible forum, forum.xda for rooting to name a few. There are other ways check the "battery life" thread on Android Central.

Thanks.

George

ksbruce

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2010, 03:21 pm »
I love mine. The battery life seems to have gotten better as I've had it since it came out. Turning off wifi, bluetooth and the internet when you are not using them helps too.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2010, 03:36 pm »
I love mine. The battery life seems to have gotten better as I've had it since it came out. Turning off wifi, bluetooth and the internet when you are not using them helps too.

Battery life is definitely the weak point (along with the default HTC mail client).

Thinking of getting a higher capacity battery - any recommendations?

George

ksbruce

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jul 2010, 04:17 pm »
I havent investigated new batteries. I have a charger at work as well as a car charger. Sorry I can't help there.

Go Rays!!

Construct

« Reply #6 on: 31 Jul 2010, 05:30 pm »
Turn off the blue tooth and the wifi for extended battery life.  Those eat power.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #7 on: 31 Jul 2010, 05:45 pm »
IMO, that's still an issue as one of the big draws for phones like this is the ability to have wi-fi connectivity.

Bryan

Construct

« Reply #8 on: 31 Jul 2010, 05:49 pm »
IMO, that's still an issue as one of the big draws for phones like this is the ability to have wi-fi connectivity.

Bryan
It sure is... especially for my iphone data-plan challenged setup.  Hobbled at 2GB...but I use wifi where available.  IF you leave it on, and are NOT connected, it continuously searches and drains the battery.  Same for blue tooth.

some young guy

« Reply #9 on: 25 Aug 2010, 12:54 am »
I've had the Droid2 for a few days now... I am very pleased with it! It came stock with 16G of memory and is upgradable to 40G! The 1G processor is super fast with Android 2.2 and Flash 10, Swype is cool, the apps are great so far, I can stream Pandora in the car and the phone even works well.  :thumb: Battery life is still a bit of a challenge, but I have a charger for the car, so that's not too big of a deal. Also, the camera is just so so, but at least it has a zoom, a flash and some cool features to play around with.

Anyone else get one yet?

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 25 Aug 2010, 01:50 am »
I've had the Droid2 for a few days now... I am very pleased with it! It came stock with 16G of memory and is upgradable to 40G! The 1G processor is super fast with Android 2.2 and Flash 10, Swype is cool, the apps are great so far, I can stream Pandora in the car and the phone even works well.  :thumb: Battery life is still a bit of a challenge, but I have a charger for the car, so that's not too big of a deal. Also, the camera is just so so, but at least it has a zoom, a flash and some cool features to play around with.

Anyone else get one yet?

Sounds like an excellent phone - congrats.

For the memory, does it come with 8GB on board and 8GB on a SD card?  I added a 32GB SD card to mine for a total of 40GB.  This allows me to put some movies and music on the phone in case I don't have my iPod or laptop.

Hopefully the Incredible phones will be getting Android 2.2 shortly and will have some of the features you have.

George

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #11 on: 25 Aug 2010, 03:32 am »
I got the Verizon 2150 mA battery and back.  With this amount of capacity to phone becomes very useful.  I can have intensive use and not run out of battery all day.  I leave WiFi on, it uses much less power for connectivity than 3G, when in range.  My normal activities, I get 2-3 days of use before needing to recharge the battery, this includes turning the phone off at night.  I, too, look forward to the Froyo 2.2 upgrade.

Battery life is definitely the weak point (along with the default HTC mail client).

Thinking of getting a higher capacity battery - any recommendations?

George

some young guy

« Reply #12 on: 25 Aug 2010, 04:57 am »

For the memory, does it come with 8GB on board and 8GB on a SD card?  I added a 32GB SD card to mine for a total of 40GB.  This allows me to put some movies and music on the phone in case I don't have my iPod or laptop.

Hopefully the Incredible phones will be getting Android 2.2 shortly and will have some of the features you have.

George
Yes... 8G onboard with an 8G SD card that's upgradable to the 32G SD card.

I know the 2.2 upgrade will be available for the X soon, but I don't know about the Incredible.

ctviggen

« Reply #13 on: 25 Aug 2010, 11:02 am »
What minimum plan do you have to have for these phones (with Verizon)?  I'm looking into getting these phones for my wife and I, but they seem to be about $350 just for two phones, and I believe our monthly access fees would have to increase by $60/month for data plans ($30/month), but I'm not sure.  At that price, I can't afford to get these phones. 

some young guy

« Reply #14 on: 26 Aug 2010, 01:29 am »
Yep... $30 per phone for the data package.