KEF 104/2 In SWest NH (pickup only)

enjoythemusic

KEF 104/2 In SWest NH (pickup only)
« on: 30 Jul 2010, 06:39 pm »
Cabinet, M/T/M panel and tweeters/mids are fine. All woofers needs new surrounds and one of the crossovers needs repair. Call it a parts pair (two) of 104/2 or a nice project. Must pick up as have no boxes and speaker are located in SW corner of New Hampshire USA.

$300 for the pair (price firm as drivers alone are worth it imho let alone the very nice cabinets).

Occam

Re: KEF 104/2 In SWest NH (pickup only)
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2010, 07:15 pm »
Those are truly outstanding speakers. Bill LeGall of Miller Sound could put new surrounds in for minimal cost, and repair (or upgrade) the crossover, leaving you with truly exceptional speakers. Massive bang for the buck.

FWIW,
Paul

enjoythemusic

« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2010, 09:46 pm »
Sadly, no one stopped by so just threw them in the garbage.   :cry:

Occam

« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2010, 02:12 am »
Arrrrrgh......
 :banghead: I guess there weren't any rave, ott reviews on the net.

shawnbaden

« Reply #4 on: 12 Sep 2010, 03:07 am »
Damn.  Too bad.  I just picked up a pair of MTM boxes on eBay because one of the mids on my pair was going out.  The MTM units are easy enough to ship via normal carriers.

Amazing speakers, especially for the money.

enjoythemusic

« Reply #5 on: 12 Sep 2010, 02:04 pm »
Agreed, amazing speakers for the $$$. i tried guys...

wilsynet

« Reply #6 on: 12 Sep 2010, 05:47 pm »
If they are so amazing for the $$$, why did you throw them away?

I bought a pair last year unlistened for $400, the seller swore to me it was perfect when he took it out of service the year before but refused to audition for me.  I admit I was totally suckered, and feel like a complete heel about it.  He had hundreds of perfect transactions on Audiogon and I figured why would I be the one that he'd sucker.

Got it home, crossovers and surrounds both needed service.  Called around and got an estimate of $500-700 to have the speakers fully restored and serviced by a repair shop who was familiar with these.

Is it good value for $1100?

Mine went to the junk yard like yours.