Special AVA used equipment sale until August 15th.

avahifi

Special AVA used equipment sale until August 15th.
« on: 26 Jul 2010, 06:56 pm »
Check our website: www.avahifi.com and scroll to the right on the home page photo window to the Used Equipment link.

We have just posted several additional pieces of used AVA equipment now available.

We are also offering a 15% off sale on all used AVA equipment until August 15th.

Check the list out, there are better bargains there than ever before.  Many can be economically upgraded to brand new specifications if you choose.

Note too that all used AVA equipment sold by us comes with our standard 30 day satisfaction guarantee and at least a one year AVA factor parts and labor warranty.

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

gjs_cds

Re: Special AVA used equipment sale until August 15th.
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 2010, 12:29 am »
Take the FET-VALVE pre-amp off the market :)

trebejo

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2010, 01:48 am »
Man, you gotta move fast to stay with this crowd...

gjs_cds

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2010, 01:53 am »
Man, you gotta move fast to stay with this crowd...

I have a clear idea on what I want... wait for a deal, and then pounce like a ti-ger...  :)

floresjc

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2010, 03:45 am »
I more along the lines got lucky. Got me an airport express to use with my office system, and figured I needed a cheap DAC that will output high quality sound. So I come on here, and walk right into a great Insight DAC on sale! I moved quickly for sure, hoping it wasn't taken.

gjs_cds

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2010, 03:57 am »
I more along the lines got lucky. Got me an airport express to use with my office system, and figured I needed a cheap DAC that will output high quality sound. So I come on here, and walk right into a great Insight DAC on sale! I moved quickly for sure, hoping it wasn't taken.

That DAC was the deal of the century.  Can't believe Frank priced it so low!

floresjc

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jul 2010, 04:19 am »
Me neither, but boy I'm glad he did. I was contemplating a Beresford DAC at the $400 price point, but I'm so much happier than I fell into an Insight for even less money.  :o

I just love mine from last year, and for the price you can't beat adding a 2nd. Someday I will upgrade the main system to Vision or whatever comes after that.

gjs_cds

« Reply #7 on: 31 Jul 2010, 01:12 am »
Just got the FET-VALVE pre-amp today...at a seemingly bargain price of $450.  It doesn't seem to have the step volume controls that I assumed it would--but I  really don't care.  It most definately kicks the crap kit of the lifeless NAD that preceeded it in my secondary system. 

Biggest difference?  Low-end presence and control.  Precision and transients are in a different league.  It's just better in every darn way.  :)

Just waiting for the Sony HD tuna to complete the system...

Is the FET-VALVE one generation old?  (preceding the Ultra line?  I can't recall...  No matter--it sounds great.)

Oh--a great headphone amp as well.  My sennheiser hd650s sound absolutely great.

rcag_ils

« Reply #8 on: 3 Aug 2010, 10:47 pm »
Great amp, Frank. I am so used to the Ultra, this all solid state amp is a real eye/or ear opener for me.

avahifi

AVA Used Eqipment Page updated with photos
« Reply #9 on: 4 Aug 2010, 07:10 pm »
Hi People,

This is just to let you know that the AVA used equipment page has just been updated with photos of all the available equipment.

http://www.avahifi.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=125&Itemid=176

The 15% off sale is still in progress until August 15th but act fast.

I need to point out the that combination of the Insight+ 250 amplifier and the Insight+ PAT-5 would make an outstanding value and musical addition to most any system out there.  These both have brand new most recent AVA circuits installed and are the musical and functional equivalents of  brand new AVA Insight+ EC preamp with phono, and an Insight+ 260 amplifier.

The new price of this combination is $2647.  If you were to buy these two special units (recycled chassis but brand new insides) and take advantage of the sale now in effect, the combined price would be $1819.  And as a bonus, if you buy both of these units while the sale is going on, we will ship them to you free of charge in the continental USA too.  You save a total of $898.  !!

Note too that these two units have a new equipment three year parts and labor warranty and our 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

Act now, the used equipment is going fast.

Regards,

Frank

Wayner

« Reply #10 on: 4 Aug 2010, 08:05 pm »
Great idea to post photo's of the used equipment on your website! I wish I had some money as the Pat-5 in the custom black faceplate looks awesome. The DAC for $295 is priced shamefully low. I had this DAC for many years and it beat the crap out of everything I had hear at the time, very musical with my MartinLogans.

Wayner  :D

Lefty052347

• AVA Associate
« Reply #11 on: 4 Aug 2010, 10:10 pm »
I did the upgade on the PAT-5.  You won't find a cleaner unit anywhere IMHO.

Regards,
Dean

gjs_cds

« Reply #12 on: 5 Aug 2010, 03:25 am »
Kind of off topic--but tonight I connected the speakers' built in subs directly to the line-out (2) on the Fet-Valve they I just picked up off of Frank's gracious 15% off used sale.  Man is it ever an improvement...  At first, the bass seemed weaker, because it wasn't tubey-hooky. Then, I realized that it just sounded "right". Amazing how our ears can adjust to crap.  Now--my secondary system is sounding pretty good indeed!  Next, I need to dump my crappy Curcio ST-70 for an ultra-valve :)