New domain name!

art

• Industry Participant
    • Analog Research-Technology
New domain name!
« on: 22 Jul 2010, 07:30 pm »
I got tired of typing "analogresearch-technology.whatever", so we are now:

http://ar-t.co/

Did this when the Boss is out of town, so I could be in trouble in about a week or so. Probably not, but since we are supposed to be working on filling back-orders, instead of screwing around............

(Actually, waiting on more PCBs to show up, so I had a small amount of spare time. If no one ever hears from me again, you will know why!)

Pat

JohnR

Re: New domain name!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2010, 05:57 am »
Interesting decision-making procedure you have there :) Just a thought, you may want to have the older one redirect the browser to the newer one, instead of having both domain names display the same content.

I didn't know there was such a thing as a .co TLD.

Barry_NJ

• So much media... So little time...
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2010, 01:45 pm »
Well that's easier to type and remember ;)

turkey

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2010, 01:57 pm »
Interesting decision-making procedure you have there :) Just a thought, you may want to have the older one redirect the browser to the newer one, instead of having both domain names display the same content.

I didn't know there was such a thing as a .co TLD.

Is that the Cook Islands one? It's been a while since I kept up on this stuff.

turkey

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2010, 02:01 pm »
I got tired of typing "analogresearch-technology.whatever", so we are now:

http://ar-t.co/

I always advised people to select a domain name that was short, but not so short as to be cryptic. You want people to remember it, and you want it to be meaningful. I don't think that ar-t.co is terribly meaningful...

What you should probably do is to keep the original web site and just setup ar-t.co to be a CNAME that points to it. You can mention the shorter address on the site and then people can use it if they want.

art

• Industry Participant
    • Analog Research-Technology
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2010, 04:01 pm »
.co is a new class, that means company.

I use ar-t, as my screen name, at every forum. Except this one, because it won't accept it.

Almost every form of "research" has long been taken, in the .com and .net. Lots of choices in .co. If you have spent as much time typing out the old address, as we all have, you would appreciate brevity.

Pat