Masterset Question

kingdeezie

Masterset Question
« on: 18 Jul 2010, 05:06 pm »
I have been reading about the Masterset speaker placement method on a few other topics here, and I haven't seen anyone ask one important question that I have...

Is Masterset a waste if your speakers are too close to the sidewalls?

I know that people will tell me to move my speakers out from the sidewalls, but this is not an option right now. Until I get a much bigger room, I don't see anyway to move the speakers out from the sidewalls, my room is very narrow, and I have a projector screen in the middle of them.

Is there any other methods of placing speakers that might be useful considering I have the speakers close to the sidewalls?

jimdgoulding

Re: Masterset Question
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2010, 12:08 am »
I think their set up depends on it.   PM Stvnharr.  He will know.

stvnharr

Re: Masterset Question
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2010, 02:16 am »
I have been reading about the Masterset speaker placement method on a few other topics here, and I haven't seen anyone ask one important question that I have...

Is Masterset a waste if your speakers are too close to the sidewalls?

I know that people will tell me to move my speakers out from the sidewalls, but this is not an option right now. Until I get a much bigger room, I don't see anyway to move the speakers out from the sidewalls, my room is very narrow, and I have a projector screen in the middle of them.

Is there any other methods of placing speakers that might be useful considering I have the speakers close to the sidewalls?

I'm right here.
Well, how close is close?  Close is a rather imprecise term.
If your speakers are too close to the sidewall, say within 24 inches, you are going to get a lot of sidewall reflections, pretty standard stuff.  Forget Master Set. Just sit in the middle.