Why isn't Rush in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame???

Wayner

Re: Why isn't Rush in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame???
« Reply #40 on: 18 Jul 2010, 05:47 pm »
I thought Rush only did a talk show. Excellence in Broadcasting network, I do believe.  :D

Wayner

decal

« Reply #41 on: 18 Jul 2010, 06:02 pm »
I never cared for Rush,the band or the blabbermouth!!! :shake:

Bigfish

« Reply #42 on: 18 Jul 2010, 06:50 pm »
Direct TV has Rush on in concert right now on channel 239.  These three guys can really make music.

bunky

« Reply #43 on: 18 Jul 2010, 08:07 pm »
I saw Rush live twice and i thought they were very good.A three piece group as tight as them has to be considered a supergroup. given the large number of gold and platinum albums in thier catalog it would seem to indicate that they were extremely popular. Who Really Cares about the RRHOF anyway. Frank Zappa was inducted to the RRHOF after his death by Lou Reed with Franks Daughter accepting the award and she said that she thought that he would have been pleased. i somehow suspect that he would have cared less.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #44 on: 18 Jul 2010, 08:16 pm »
Joe Cocker, Ten Years After and King Crimson aren't in there but Abba is??? :lol:
Why does Zappa's "Cocaine Decisions" come to mind?

CC

« Reply #45 on: 19 Jul 2010, 01:10 am »
I have been a huge Rush fan since the 70's and still love them, they are probably my all time favoroite band. The night before last I enjoyed  Rush in Rio for what must have been at least the 25th time or so. More than likely i will watch Snakes and Arrows again before this next week is out, I do like the new music on this. On Sempter 26 I have 20th row center tickets and eagerly awaiting that concert. My favorite albums are Hemisperes,2112,Exit stage left, and Moving Picture, to name a few.

As to why they are not in thr RRHOF I do not know, but as others have sugggested maybe it's not such a bad thing.

Construct

« Reply #46 on: 19 Jul 2010, 01:15 am »
On Sempter 26 I have 20th row center tickets and eagerly awaiting that concert. My favorite albums are Hemisperes,2112,Exit stage left, and Moving Picture, to name a few.
Time machine tour drum kit/stage

CC

« Reply #47 on: 19 Jul 2010, 01:22 am »
Thanks for the pic Constuct, it looks like Neil has cut down on the number of drums.

Construct

« Reply #48 on: 19 Jul 2010, 01:39 am »
Thanks for the pic Constuct, it looks like Neil has cut down on the number of drums.
Yeah, Drum workshop doesn't make a 6"  tom, so he uses a cut-down 8"  that isn't too deep. The 8"  is easier to hit.  He eliminated a kick drum (redundant resonant chamber)  and designed the basic setup over a year or so until it was ergonomically perfect for him.
My favorite kit of his was the white (it had pink sparkles)  Ludwig kit he used for grace under pressure.  That thing was monolithic, and the deeper small toms were like cannons. It's also my favorite sounding kit of his---pure power.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #49 on: 19 Jul 2010, 02:18 pm »
Sweet picture of the new kit.

Can't wait to hear it in September.

George

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #50 on: 19 Jul 2010, 02:20 pm »
Time machine tour drum kit/stage
:drool: :drool: :drool:

sts9fan

« Reply #51 on: 19 Jul 2010, 03:01 pm »
"What about the voice of Geddy Lee
 How did it get so high
 I wonder if he talks like an ordinary  guy
 I know him and he does
 Your my fact checkin cuz"

Pavment

casarman

« Reply #52 on: 19 Jul 2010, 04:33 pm »
I first saw Rush at the Saskatoon Arena. They were the back-up band for Nazareth and had just released their first album. Can't remember if Peart was the drummer. Just remember that they kicked ass.

My teenage nephews from Lima, Peru,today, when asked, will tell you that Neil Peart is the best rock drummer in the world.....so....I guess you could say that Rush has a true worldwide following.

But the Rock and Roll Hall of fame is a joke. Nothing at all, really. Kind of like a Grammy Award. Means nothing.

You're totally right RUSH is a world wide phenomena.
Grammys, Oscars, Tonys and all that crap :nono: have one and only reason to exist,to sale their products, RUSH is one of the reasons I´m into ROCK, back then in the early 80's and still is one of my favorites!  :eyebrows:

Construct

« Reply #53 on: 19 Jul 2010, 04:41 pm »
I forgot to mention...the cymbals are painted like clocks, and the kit looks cooler close up. Steampunk!

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #54 on: 20 Jul 2010, 01:58 am »
Well they may not be in the RnRHoF but they just got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i14a7e72d3d44c14d81147a39538c1fbe

Stu Pitt

« Reply #55 on: 21 Jul 2010, 10:05 pm »
I caught Metallica's RRHOF speach on YouTube the other day.  The said they wanted to get some great bands in that have been overlooked -

Rush
Kiss
Deep Purple
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest

One or two others too.

How did it take so long for the original Black Sabbath to get inducted?

I never cared much for Rush, but the should definitely be in.

Mag

« Reply #56 on: 21 Jul 2010, 10:56 pm »
Having a Rush marathon here, still on the queue

Farewell to Kings,
Feedback,
Retrospective,
Rio

already spun:

Moving Pictures,
Gold,
Hemispheres,
Exit Stage Left,
All the World's Stage

Discard bin:

Vapor Trails

simoon

« Reply #57 on: 22 Jul 2010, 12:33 am »
Yes, King Crimson and ELP are not in the Rock-and-Roll hall of fame, and all 3 are better progressive bands than Rush, IMO.

I do feel, however, Rush and the bands above all deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.