MLS/VMPS What? and When?

rosconey

MLS/VMPS What? and When?
« Reply #20 on: 20 Feb 2004, 08:47 pm »
plain and simple-
no one wants to invest in america anymore-
you could build those cabinets here if you had the same factory-
but it doesnt pay to invest here anymore-
americans can still build the best-but no one wants to give us a chance and when a 3rd world country has dirt cheap labor.why should they :?:

Woodsea

MLS/VMPS What? and When?
« Reply #21 on: 20 Feb 2004, 08:58 pm »
If I remember right.  BigB had been complaining about his box builders for a long time, and was unable to find one in his region.  I know I had to wait an unnerving amount of time for mine.
But it is to bad that we cut timber here and ship it to the orient and it comes back as a finished product :cry:

rosconey

MLS/VMPS What? and When?
« Reply #22 on: 20 Feb 2004, 09:08 pm »
i have a sub par large sub cabinet  :o
the chineese boxes will no doubt be better looking-
just not thrilled with us dollars helping build a  economy at the expence of our own-
i dont have any investment in anything but myself and my country-lol

John Casler

MLS/VMPS What? and When?
« Reply #23 on: 20 Feb 2004, 10:58 pm »
Speaking of VMPS Subs,  many do not know that the whole line can be ordered with the Analysis Plus Silver wiring option.

It is $200 per active driver to upgrade.

Talk about bass definition!!! :o  and detail.

John Casler

MLS/VMPS What? and When?
« Reply #24 on: 21 Feb 2004, 12:01 am »
So John...is that your pair of Ebony RM40's?

Only my hairdresser knows :lol:  :lol:

Hoots

MLS/VMPS What? and When?
« Reply #25 on: 21 Feb 2004, 03:00 am »
When will we be able to see pictures?

Congrats on what seems like a great alliance.  

I think it will be interesting to see the positioning between future big ribbon hybrid towers from MLS and VMPS.

Thanks for putting high-end sound within reach for a greater percent of the public.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
MLS/VMPS What? and When?
« Reply #26 on: 21 Feb 2004, 03:56 am »
I don't want to spin this off on a political tangent, but in a sense we have to begin to understand it's one world.  Do we want a Nuke armed communist China with a crappy economy or do we want a free and prosperous China?  We're thinking in short term American jobs when maybe we should be thinking of shaping the long term fate of the world.  What's good for China (and the rest of the world, for that matter) will be good for us in the long run.

Not that speakers will do that! :lol:  I'm just pointing out that eventually good things will happen if the rest of the world is allowed to participate, too.

Tim S

MLS/VMPS What? and When?
« Reply #27 on: 21 Feb 2004, 05:11 pm »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
I don't want to spin this off on a political tangent, but in a sense we have to begin to understand it's one world.  Do we want a Nuke armed communist China with a crappy economy or do we want a free and prosperous China?  We're thinking in short term American jobs when maybe we should be thinking of shaping the long term fate of the world.  What's good for China (and the rest of the world, for that matter) will be good for us in the long run.

Just when I think all Americans have lost their senses when it comes to international trade issues, posts like this are nice to show that there are a few people who actually get it. Thanks.

Tim

Dunedain

MLS/VMPS What? and When?
« Reply #28 on: 21 Feb 2004, 05:33 pm »
That communist system in China will collapse of it's own evil weight just like every other
one in the world has already or is about to.  The idea that we should harm the economic well
being of the United States to keep the nasty commies in China from bothering us is ridiculous.
They'll do nothing to us because we could obliterate them at will...

UTLaw

• http://www.utexas.edu/law
MLS/VMPS What? and When?
« Reply #29 on: 21 Feb 2004, 05:35 pm »
Back to the great point above about getting some pictures of these cabinets.

Brian/John, maybe you guys can get Mark to snap some shots of your cabinets being put together.  

As I mentioned earlier, someone on Mark's site has done a great job outlining the whole process for his line of speakers.  Having the same thing for your cabinets will really help current/future customers appreciate the extreme work that goes into getting one of the speakers out the door.

My two cents...   :mrgreen: