Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe versus ?

give_this_book_a_home

Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe versus ?
« on: 17 Jul 2010, 05:58 am »
Hello everyone:

I am looking for the ultimate high-end soundcard. I have a nice headphone system: one beyerdynamic A1 headphone amplifier and a Sennheiser HD 800. I intend to use my PC as the source by connecting it to the beyerdynamic A1 via analog out.

I'm looking at the Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe. Is there a competitor which offers non-downsampled 192 kHz blu-ray audio via analog out?

I found the auzentech X-FI hometheater PC. But I'm looking for something more professional just for playback purposes. I see cards by RME on B&H's website, but these cards appear to be optimized for recording, not playback.

Any recommendations would help. The price does not really matter.

About me:
I own a very, very nice pair of Focal JM-Lab Cobalt 820's which are powered by the Krell KAV-250a. (I use the SW-27a Cobalt by Focal JM-Lab as a subwoofer). I am using the KRC-3 for preamplification. I use the Kimber Kable 8TC for speaker wire and Siltech SQ-28 G3 for the analog interconnects. My pioneer elite universal player DV-47a is the source. I am hoping to sell some or maybe even all of these components in the upcoming month or two. I am hoping to upgrade to a higher-end system after I move into my new home. Until I find a new place, I plan on using my headphone system.

By the way: I am not a dealer or a business. I chose my username, in part, because of my reputation on eBay.  I am an eBay verified member and premium Paypal verified member. I have 103 positive feedbacks on eBay. 58 of them are as a seller.

http://myworld.ebay.com/give_this_book_a_home

« Last Edit: 7 Aug 2011, 06:50 pm by give_this_book_a_home »

face

Re: Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe versus ?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 2010, 04:16 pm »
I have the slim version of this card with HDMI out.

If they have the same driver set, I would hold off as the drivers for my card have been causing stability issues for me lately and I had to go back to my motherboard's optical and digital coax outputs. 

It's a shame too since I use my PC as a Blu Ray player and 192k/24 music server.

firedog

Re: Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe versus ?
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2010, 08:43 am »
Lynx soundcards - but very pricey