Thiel/Bryston Review

Construct

Re: Thiel/Bryston Review
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2010, 05:08 pm »
Good review and it reinforces what I already know about both companies.  It's been obvious to me that Bryston products are detailed but neutral, not artificially eq'd to impress reviewers.  I have read that critique of Thiel, "Oh they are bright."  With correct pairings and competent electronics, Thiel has always seemed musical and detailed to me, again without some kind of hyped treble.

yyz

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2010, 05:11 pm »
I have these same speakers with the Bryston PP300.I think it is a perfect match. I also have the 7B-SST in storage awaiting the day I get the Thel CS 3.7.

jaxwired

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2010, 08:14 pm »
Great review.  Regarding the remote control, I do agree that the Bryston remotes are clunky, but I actually really like my big heavy BP6 remote because it allows me to leave the remote on my end table and just press the button without picking up the remote.  The little rubber feet combined with the weight keep it nicely in place and I can just press the button as needed.  It's very convenient to use in this fashion.  No lightweight plastic remote will alllow this type of operation.  You have to pick up those remotes and hold them or they slide away or rock away from you. 

On the subjects of remotes, what I really hate is that many amps come with plastic remotes with 46 buttons I never use.  Now that's clunky, trying to find the 4 buttons I use and avoid the other 46 buttons.  I wish manufacturers would all issue two remotes, a minimal remote and a full function remote.  And I don't like universal remotes because there does not seem to be one for us 2 channel audio people.  I want a universal remote that is sleek, slim, and only has maybe 10 buttons.  No such thing...
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2010, 11:26 pm by jaxwired »

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2010, 10:12 pm »
Cool review, James. Congrats!

bummrush

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2010, 10:15 pm »
It was a nice simple review yet it still made you think,,pretty refreshing actually .