anybody had dealings w/ mwave?

lcrim

anybody had dealings w/ mwave?
« on: 14 Jul 2010, 03:35 am »
I've been looking for a new (at least to me) laptop and stumbled across this outlet.
I don't know them and was was looking at refurbed units from Asus and/or Toshiba?  Any insights?

srb

Re: anybody had dealings w/ mwave?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2010, 04:05 am »
I bought a motherboard/processor/memory bundle from them.  They are one a few vendors that will plug the processor and memory into the motherboard and test it for an extra $10.

Not a bad thing to do if you're building a computer and don't want to troubleshoot and mail a component back if it won't boot up.

It was shipped and delivered quickly.  I can't make any comments about their customer service, however, as it wasn't needed.

Steve

Dan Driscoll

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2010, 04:34 pm »
I've bought a few items from them, never had a problem.

ctviggen

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2010, 05:16 pm »
I bought a motherboard/processor/memory bundle from them.  They are one a few vendors that will plug the processor and memory into the motherboard and test it for an extra $10.

Not a bad thing to do if you're building a computer and don't want to troubleshoot and mail a component back if it won't boot up.

That's a great deal and I'd gladly pay $10 for it. 

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2010, 05:44 pm »
That's pretty much the only place I buy from. I've built many machines for people and upgraded others (mine included) and never had an issue with them. One time, a case was damaged in shipment.  They sent me a new one the same day and included the RMA form to ship back the other one.  No waiting for the other one to be received back prior to shipping the new one.

Excellent customer service and selection. 

Bryan

sts9fan

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2010, 06:25 pm »
I have had good experience witht hem.  I ordered a MoBo combo that came doa (I did not have them test it :oops:) and they cross shipped the replacement.  Very good service. 

supra28

« Reply #6 on: 28 Jul 2010, 11:00 pm »
 I've been a repeat customer for years, and have never had any problems.  Great online vendor.

lcrim

« Reply #7 on: 28 Jul 2010, 11:15 pm »
I eventually dealt w/ Toshiba Direct and got a Toshiba Satellite refurb.  15.6" screen, Intel t4400 (dual core @2,2 Ghz ea.), 4 gigs DDR3 RAM,250 gig HDD.  The screen is really bright, looks absolutely brand new.  WIN7 premium and I removed bloatware and added AVG9 free and openoffice.org and a $10 802.11n USB card.  This thing is great and fast.
Did I mention the price $359, refurb only 90 day warantee but geez.  Toshiba Direct, check them out.