possibility of higher powered integrated

Will_PWR

possibility of higher powered integrated
« on: 14 Jul 2010, 02:16 am »
Don't know if there is a market for this, but I would really be interested in a higher powered Bryston integrated than the B100. 

Would Bryston consider taking a 4B-SST2 and matching that with a BP6 for a killer integrated to take on the likes of a McIntosh MA7000?  I would prefer the preamp is based on the BP6 or BP25 instead of the BP16... prefer "electro-mechanical" to the software controlled BP16 (another reason I don't care for the B100)... just my own personal preference... BP16/B100 owners please don't take offense.

VOLKS

Re: possibility of higher powered integrated
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2010, 02:30 am »
ok ...Here.....buy this...-perreaux-launches-the-worlds-most-powerful-integrated-amplifier 350W/8 ohms.   This will give the Mcintosh MA7000 a good pounding lol 

Will_PWR

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2010, 02:37 am »
I thought this was a Bryson forum?!   :nono:

VOLKS

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2010, 03:36 am »

So did I.....strange you should ask :)............its also a forum where we tend to offer advice if the solution to the question may be difficult(Bryston does not make such an Integrated that you ask for and from what  i have heard has no plans to make one as powerful as the Mcintosh MA7000,but i could be wrong)......so i offered you another option outside of Bryston(since you are already fully aware of Brystons 4BSST2 and their other amazing Power Amps) and since your not a fan of the B100....thats why i offered advice on another brand that can TAKE ON the Mcintosh MA7000 in the Integrated Dept.......WE do talk and even offer advice on other brands here..not just 100% Bryston:)........,but we do LOVE Bryston......i have a Bryston item  or 2 in my system  :wink:

srb

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2010, 03:55 am »

No, it is a Bryston forum.  And you were the one that brought up another brand integrated in the first place.

Plus, I hate the waving finger "no-no" emoticon.

Steve

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2010, 07:20 am »
Hi,

We do not have a larger integrated in the works but it is something we could do down the road.  As for offering other opinions and recommendations within the Bryston audiocircle forum:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=81282.0

james
« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2010, 08:26 am by James Tanner »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2010, 07:30 am »
Hi,
A well done integrated as the B100 is very nice to me, a bigger integrated do not fit my dreams, but instead a monoblock integrated, (a power amp and a preamp in the same chassis, with completely separate power supplies). :drool:
I never see a mono integrated, I can not figure out why nobody did this yet, this is much better than a regular separate pre power.
Gustavo

Daniel Datchev

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jul 2010, 07:39 am »
Hi,
speaking about larger integrated I think there is no need of bigger one. I have B100 SST and at average listening level the volume knob is between 9 o'clock and 12 o'clock. If you need a bigger amplifier is better to go separate units. Bryston has got PowerPack series for accommodating needs for mono amplifier bellow 7B. Integrated amplifier is good enough for decent system.
Daniel

Will_PWR

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jul 2010, 01:51 pm »

So did I.....strange you should ask :)............its also a forum where we tend to offer advice if the solution to the question may be difficult(Bryston does not make such an Integrated that you ask for and from what  i have heard has no plans to make one as powerful as the Mcintosh MA7000,but i could be wrong)......so i offered you another option outside of Bryston(since you are already fully aware of Brystons 4BSST2 and their other amazing Power Amps) and since your not a fan of the B100....thats why i offered advice on another brand that can TAKE ON the Mcintosh MA7000 in the Integrated Dept.......WE do talk and even offer advice on other brands here..not just 100% Bryston:)........,but we do LOVE Bryston......i have a Bryston item  or 2 in my system  :wink:

Actually, if it were between that Perreaux and the Mac, I'd take the Mac in a heartbeat.  Heck, I'd even take the B100 over the Perreaux.

Will_PWR

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jul 2010, 02:12 pm »
Hi,

We do not have a larger integrated in the works but it is something we could do down the road.  As for offering other opinions and recommendations within the Bryston audiocircle forum:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=81282.0

james

Thanks James.... read your link.... that's a nice refreshing attitiude.  Guess I've been brainwashed by the Harbeth forum where they strongly discourage discussion of competitor's brands.

VOLKS

« Reply #10 on: 14 Jul 2010, 02:54 pm »
Actually, if it were between that Perreaux and the Mac, I'd take the Mac in a heartbeat.  Heck, I'd even take the B100 over the Perreaux.

Awsome the B100 it is then! LOL :)..........that was simple :thumb:

Napalm

« Reply #11 on: 14 Jul 2010, 03:16 pm »
Plus, I hate the waving finger "no-no" emoticon.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Nap.  :icon_twisted:

Napalm

« Reply #12 on: 14 Jul 2010, 03:17 pm »
Thanks James.... read your link.... that's a nice refreshing attitiude.  Guess I've been brainwashed by the Harbeth forum where they strongly discourage discussion of competitor's brands.

What speakers do you intend to power?

Nap.

srb

« Reply #13 on: 14 Jul 2010, 03:39 pm »

Nap.  :icon_twisted:

That was the expected response from both you and the average eight year old.

Steve

Will_PWR

« Reply #14 on: 14 Jul 2010, 07:17 pm »
What speakers do you intend to power?

Nap.

Maggie 1.7 and Harbeth M40.1

Will_PWR

« Reply #15 on: 14 Jul 2010, 07:20 pm »

Awsome the B100 it is then! LOL :)..........that was simple :thumb:

No, already said I don't want the B100....

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #16 on: 15 Jul 2010, 02:09 am »
No, already said I don't want the B100....

Have a listen to the Krell FBI - it is an awesome integrated amplifier.

Be well...