Poll

Is Sake more evil than Hitler?

Yes
3 (50%)
No
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: 12 Aug 2010, 12:41 pm

Sake gives me the worse headache the next day.......

navi

I can't stop drinking Sake!!!!

What's your Favourite Sake?
I had some amazing Sake in Japan last year..... Haven't been able to stop drinking it since then.

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: Sake gives me the worse headache the next day.......
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2010, 12:57 pm »
If the compulsion is that strong, you might consider introducing yourself at an AA meeting. If that is all hyperbole and you don't really have a drinking problem, then consider sensitivity training. Hitler was an individual who had free will and the ability to act. His memory is very painful for a lot of people.
Sake is inert and if any evil proceeds from its consumption, the beverage itself is, at worst, a catalyst.
If you don't like the headaches, I can tell you how to avoid them for a one time fee of $100. I accept PayPal.

srb

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2010, 01:20 pm »
As with drinking any alcohol, dehydration is a big cause of hangover/headaches, so you may want to make sure that you drink at least 12 ounces of water per drink.

Sake is a rice wine that is fermented and brewed like beer, and therefore contains carbohydrates that distilled spirits do not have.  It also has a higher alcohol content than most beer and wine.  Because rice has a very high glycemic index, getting headaches may have something to do with the very rapid release of glucose into the bloodstream.

You may also want to try Japanese Shochu, which is distilled, and a much "cleaner" alcoholic drink.

Steve

BobM

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2010, 02:11 pm »
I can't find Sochu anywhere in my area, and I have looked. I do drink Sake, but only chilled. Warm sake taste's like dishwater, but a good chilled bottle is very nice.

However, the usual cheap stuff found in most liquor stores is like cheap rot-gut wine compared to better Sake's. Expect to pay $20+ for anything half decent. At those prices it should keep you from imbibing tooooo much.

Enjoy,
Bob

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2010, 02:28 pm »
As with drinking any alcohol, dehydration is a big cause of hangover/headaches, so you may want to make sure that you drink at least 12 ounces of water per drink.

Sake is a rice wine that is fermented and brewed like beer, and therefore contains carbohydrates that distilled spirits do not have.  It also has a higher alcohol content than most beer and wine.  Because rice has a very high glycemic index, getting headaches may have something to do with the very rapid release of glucose into the bloodstream.

You may also want to try Japanese Shochu, which is distilled, and a much "cleaner" alcoholic drink.

Steve

Excellent advice. Drinking a glass of water for every drink consumed is the ticket.

charles

navi

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2010, 02:35 pm »
thanks steve- didn't know about the high G.I . not a fan of sochu. trying my best to stay away from distilled stuff this year

bob- i've tried the cheap sake... gives me shivers just thinking about the taste.

I've been a fan of any junmai and junmai daiginjo- they cost about the same as a good bottle of wine

TheChairGuy

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2010, 03:33 pm »
Sake fan here, too!

I'm not much of a drinker, but when I do, it's either (cold) Sake or iced Limoncello for me 8)

John

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jul 2010, 09:44 am »
Yes, dammit (while I heat up some more).