want to buy 1 pair ceramic 4.0!

SteveSatch

« on: 19 Feb 2004, 08:20 pm »
PLease let me know if anyone has or knows of a pair for sale.  They are up to $450 delivered and I'm hoping to find used to go from a 5.1 system to 7.1.
Thanks,
SteveSatch@aol.com

Bryan

« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2004, 08:46 pm »
You may want contact Nathan and see about his Prism 6.6s or keep an eye out on audiogon.com. Another possibility could be going with the wood 4.0s as they go for $400 delivered.

SteveSatch

« Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2004, 12:24 am »
what can you guys tell me about 6.6 prisms?  I've never even looked into their prisms

nathanm

« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2004, 04:14 am »
Hi Steve!  Would I like for you to buy my Prisms?  Of course!  :wink: Do I think they would be a good match with the drums?  Mmmm, hard to say for certain, but I doubt it.  Although I am not a big movie watcher my experience with disparate Norh models in a home theater setup was a mistake.  (6.6 L&R, 4.1 center, 3.0 rears w\Klipsch processor)

I decided that all the speakers should be identical to get the most coherent sound.  I would bet that a set of identical cheapo speakers would sound better than a set really expensive ones of different designs.  I dunno, it just seems totally logical that you would want identically voiced speakers.  But others may disagree and who knows, the Prisms might work great in your system.  Hard to say.

The Prisms in a 2-channel setup aren't bad at all.  I wish they were physically a little taller but they're okay.  The gloss black makes it possible for you to precisely align them with your own reflection.  Kind of a nice little bonus I thought.   Slammin' bass is lacking for my tastes, however I did have better results when I placed them right up against the side walls.  Their cool trapezoidal shape makes this work great too as they are butted against the wall but still toed into the listening position.

I'd be interested to know how Dennis Murphy's 3rd party XO designs work, cause maybe the Prisms could be helped too.  The cabinet is totally killer looking in my opinion, I just wish they sounded better.

How's that for a sales pitch? HA! :P

Andrikos

« Reply #4 on: 23 Feb 2004, 08:45 pm »
Nathan,
You're too honest to be a salesman.
Stop selling stuff IMMEDIATELY!!!
:D

nathanm

« Reply #5 on: 23 Feb 2004, 09:53 pm »
Well, that will be pretty easy to do! :) :(