Twilight, eclipse

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
Twilight, eclipse
« on: 10 Jul 2010, 04:50 am »
Any of you had the chance of watching this movie?> Im planning to see it this week, post your impressions.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Twilight, eclipse
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2010, 05:20 am »
I've already posted not so kind remarks here. The sequel boiled down to a 3 way love story triangle that I just couldn't get into. The flick just wasn't as wellrounded (meaning action, special effects,,, then love story) as the 1st one was for me.

Cheers,
Robin

JimJ

• Ut Prosim
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2010, 05:27 am »
Uh, no thanks.

Construct

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2010, 05:47 am »
I am in the middle here.  It's not my demographic as I am over 40 and male.  I find it too girly and soft for my tastes, however it wasn't terrible.  It would make for an ok cable tv movie. 

JackD201

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jul 2010, 09:19 am »
Vampires and Werewolves at war combined with inter-species romance. Hmmmm.

I'll take the one with some gore in it please. I'll take Underworld and pass on Twilight.

Besides, Beckinsale in leather is way hotter than the other chick in a hoodie.

ton1313

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2010, 05:29 pm »
Besides, Beckinsale in leather is way hotter than the other chick in a hoodie.

I second that!!

The acting (if you want to call it that) in all of these Twilight movies is very poor, and for me I need the gore and violence to make a vampire movie effective.

Vampires that sparkle???? Give me a break.

srb

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jul 2010, 05:44 pm »
The acting (if you want to call it that) in all of these Twilight movies is very poor, and for me I need the gore and violence to make a vampire movie effective.

Definitely a series of teen movies.

Sometimes, there doesn't have to be a lot of gore and violence to make a vampire or werewolf movie interesting, like the 1994 movie "Wolf" with Jack Nicholson, James Spader and Michelle Pfeiffer.

Steve

ton1313

« Reply #7 on: 11 Jul 2010, 02:47 am »
True.

Have any of you seen the movie "Let The Right One In"? That movie was not very gory, but quite interesting. Had quite a good soundtrack if I remember right.

If you want a movie that will grab you and not let go, check out "High Tension". It is a foreign flick that has been overdubbed in english, but its not that distracting. The first time I watched it, I as on the edge of my seat for the first 30 minutes, and just when you think it is slowing down, it takes off again. Lots of twists and turns in the plot.

Cacophonix

« Reply #8 on: 11 Jul 2010, 03:24 am »
Oh yeh .. i totally recommend "let the right one in". Its a great great vampire movie. Also i found "Daybreakers" quite interesting as well. Infact, anything but twilight. I refused point blank to accompany my wife to this movie. She went with her girlfriend, and liked it. But she also said that i wud've hated the movie.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 11 Jul 2010, 11:47 am »
Daybreakers had a few good elements (eg Defoe) but overall struck me as pretty weak, or at least not very interesting/compelling.  I never really cared much about any of the characters.  One measure of how engrossing a film is to me is how many times I look at my watch.  I checked my watch about 15 times- a lot for a regular length movie.  Not a miserable waste of time but I'd have been better off surfing the net for two hours.

BTW, I liked the female lead.  If she pops up in a better film I'll be eager to see it.  Hawke did very well with what he had to work with (not much).  I have no idea what Sam Neill was doing here- maybe he has tax problems.

lord dubious

« Reply #10 on: 11 Jul 2010, 12:45 pm »
Daybreakers is a budget Australian made film.  Pretty good effort.  Forgive me for being parochial.

JackD201

« Reply #11 on: 11 Jul 2010, 01:43 pm »
I liked Daybreakers a lot. I found Neill to be the weakest link. He looked like he couldn't get past the irritation of his contact lenses. Hawke was much more convincing as the reluctant vampire as compared to Pitt in Interview.

spoiler alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is a scene where even Gary Oldman's final act as Vlad gets upstage when it comes to despair.