Aurarray for Texas and Georgia

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Aurarray for Texas and Georgia
« on: 9 Jul 2010, 03:18 pm »
Here's a picture of a new design our customer built for a Dallas area theater. Another pair is also being constructed in Georgia. The kit is available at an introductory price of $1,295/pr. and consists of twelve 4" aluminum cone woofers and eight planar tweeters. Thanks to Steve at www.encorehometheaters.com for the pictures.  :thumb:

« Last Edit: 9 Jul 2010, 08:00 pm by Rick Craig »

pslate

Re: Aurarray for Texas and Georgia
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2010, 08:23 pm »
Out of pure curiosity what is the power handling of these bad boys? Also how do they compare/contrast to the fantastic looking arrays opustheoenguin is so lucky to enjoy? The two seem to nicely bookend each other, one efficient, one less so. Anyhow I love the Dayton nd-140's in the jr.'s.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2010, 08:55 pm »
Out of pure curiosity what is the power handling of these bad boys? Also how do they compare/contrast to the fantastic looking arrays opustheoenguin is so lucky to enjoy? The two seem to nicely bookend each other, one efficient, one less so. Anyhow I love the Dayton nd-140's in the jr.'s.
It doesn't take much power to drive them but as far as max power I think 200 watts would be possible. The more expensive arrays have better detail and dispersion in the highs but the cost of a kit increases from $1,300/pr. to $3,000/pr. so you have to take that into consideration. A good mid-price alternative would be the Fountek ribbons and the ND-140's.

Reverb

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2010, 04:58 am »
It doesn't take much power to drive them but as far as max power I think 200 watts would be possible. The more expensive arrays have better detail and dispersion in the highs but the cost of a kit increases from $1,300/pr. to $3,000/pr. so you have to take that into consideration. A good mid-price alternative would be the Fountek ribbons and the ND-140's.

Would it be possible to get this array with Fountek ribbons? How much would be price go up, and do you think the price difference is worth it? Dayton planers vs Fontek ribbons.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jul 2010, 01:04 pm »
Would it be possible to get this array with Fountek ribbons? How much would be price go up, and do you think the price difference is worth it? Dayton planers vs Fontek ribbons.

Yes I can design it for the Fountek and the kit would be $2,650/pr. (includes shipping to mainland USA). To me it is worth the difference but it depends on your budget.