RMAF 2010: Who's going and what days will you be there?

mbakes

Re: RMAF 2010: Who's going and what days will you be there?
« Reply #20 on: 30 Sep 2010, 12:27 am »
My main priority is to hear Salk speakers.  I've come close to pulling the trigger on various models only to decide to wait to hear them so this will be my chance.  I truly love the look of the speakers, now it's time to see if I love the sound as much.

Nuance

« Reply #21 on: 30 Sep 2010, 05:15 pm »
It will great to finally meet all of you.  I fly in just in time for the show to start Friday, and I'll be around for half of it Saturday.  I can't wait!

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #22 on: 30 Sep 2010, 06:03 pm »
It will great to finally meet all of you.  I fly in just in time for the show to start Friday, and I'll be around for half of it Saturday.  I can't wait!

Unless the new puppy trains himself and comes up with airfare (for me) to Denver, I'm still going tohave to miss the show.  But I'm expecting a full report on how the big hog 12's sound. 

fsimms

« Reply #23 on: 1 Oct 2010, 12:31 am »
But I'm expecting a full report on how the big hog 12's sound.

Jim will have SS12's at the show! Wow!  I wish now I was going to the show.

Bob

WGH

« Reply #24 on: 1 Oct 2010, 01:05 am »
Yes, it will be interesting to see and hear which AVA amp is paired with the SS12.

Wayne

jsalk

« Reply #25 on: 1 Oct 2010, 01:47 am »
Wayne (and others who might be interested) -

The SoundScape 12's will be in Empirical Audio's room (Iris room on the main floor).  I do not know exactly what they will be driving them with.  There are a number of companies involved.  We are providing the speakers, Emprical Audio is providing the source equipment, Balanced Power Technologies will be providing power conditioning, GIK is providing acoustic panels, etc.  Should be interesting.

We will also share a room with AVA.  In that room, we plan to have HT2-TL's and SongTowers along with Frank's latest goodies.

- Jim

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #26 on: 1 Oct 2010, 01:58 am »

The SoundScape 12's will be in Empirical Audio's room (Iris room on the main floor).  I do not know exactly what they will be driving them with.  There are a number of companies involved.  We are providing the speakers, Emprical Audio is providing the source equipment, Balanced Power Technologies will be providing power conditioning, GIK is providing acoustic panels, etc.  Should be interesting.

We will also share a room with AVA.  In that room, we plan to have HT2-TL's and SongTowers along with Frank's latest goodies.

- Jim

Do you know about how large the Iris Room is? 

jsalk

« Reply #27 on: 1 Oct 2010, 02:04 am »

It is 22' x 26'

- Jim

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #28 on: 1 Oct 2010, 02:32 am »

- Jim

Looks like modified Parasound JC-1's.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=84735.0

George

WGH

« Reply #29 on: 1 Oct 2010, 05:01 am »
Looks like modified Parasound JC-1's.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=84735.0

George

400W into 8 ohms, 800W into 4 ohms, 135 amps of peak current, and 25W of pure class-A power into 8 ohms.
That aught to do it!

Thanks guys.

Wayne

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #30 on: 1 Oct 2010, 12:56 pm »
This room is definitely on my list.  From what I remember this room is a lot better than the one in Rockville for Capital Audiofest.  I will finally get to listen to the SS in a decent setting.  I also have to check out what Steve has cooking for his Pace Car.  I may have to swap out my 96 for 192 and/or get a deal on his demo Li BPS. 

fsimms

« Reply #31 on: 1 Oct 2010, 01:38 pm »
I was sad to see that Empirical Audio wasn’t going to have vinyl or tubes.  Even so, I think you may have a great shot at best sound at the show. 

I don’t know if the SoundScapes need break in as mine sounded fantastic fresh out of the box.  However, my emotional reaction to them changed after 200 hours.

Bob

Big Red Machine

« Reply #32 on: 1 Oct 2010, 01:50 pm »
I think the pair that are going have not been fired up yet if that was the same pair Jim showed me at the shop.  They're sexy, but not more than me! 8)

Paul K.

« Reply #33 on: 1 Oct 2010, 02:19 pm »
Best of luck, Jim, in both of your rooms at RMAF.
Paul

- Jim

Woolz

« Reply #34 on: 1 Oct 2010, 03:56 pm »
I, too, am coming.  Looking forward to meeting Jim and hearing what all the fuss is about the new Soundscapes.  Be there Fri. and Sat.

Nuance

« Reply #35 on: 1 Oct 2010, 05:12 pm »

Bummer.  You will be missed.

I think the pair that are going have not been fired up yet if that was the same pair Jim showed me at the shop.  They're sexy, but not more than me! 8)

LOL!  Well, nothing can be that sexy, now can it? :D :lol:

Nuance

« Reply #36 on: 14 Oct 2010, 05:09 pm »
Tomorrow is the day!  I look forward to meeting you guys.

taoggniklat

« Reply #37 on: 14 Oct 2010, 06:57 pm »
Tomorrow is the day!  I look forward to meeting you guys.

Indeed!

Hi, my name is Jared. I have an audio addiction and I will be in the Salk Room.