Macbook Air

timind

• permanent vacation
Macbook Air
« on: 5 Jul 2010, 02:00 am »
Hey, I just got a Macbook Air! trying it out for the first time. I keep having to call my daughter with questions regarding operation.
Man this thing is skinny.

Construct

Re: Macbook Air
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jul 2010, 02:10 am »
Hey, I just got a Macbook Air! trying it out for the first time. I keep having to call my daughter with questions regarding operation.
Man this thing is skinny.
I wondered if the ipad obsoleted the macbook air.  I thought the air was very cool, but it may have been out-cooled.  I am pretty sure a conventional keyboard could be added to the ipad if needed. (I am just babbling out loud there...but was wondering about the advantages of the air at this point. )

skunark

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jul 2010, 02:15 am »
Grats on the macbook air!

iPad still needs another computer.  The macbook air is one and can run productivity apps that haven't arrived or might really work on an iPad.   

Construct

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jul 2010, 02:16 am »
Grats on the macbook air!

iPad still needs another computer.  The macbook air is one and can run productivity apps that haven't arrived or might really work on an iPad.
So really, it's professional "robustness"  for full-on programs...

cujobob

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jul 2010, 04:52 am »
The Macbook Air is the ultimate traveler's laptop.  The IPad is certainly not a full computer...if you need to do any word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, or a number of other things...the Air is clearly superior.  When they originally came out, you paid a hefty price for the convenience of small form factor, I haven't seen the recent prices.  The IPad is also a cool device, don't get me wrong, I use my old IPhone as an Ipod Touch to check websites all the time when lounging around the house...it's convenient.  The IPad is a bigger, better version of that.

Construct

« Reply #5 on: 6 Jul 2010, 05:00 am »
The Macbook Air is the ultimate traveler's laptop.  The IPad is certainly not a full computer...if you need to do any word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, or a number of other things...the Air is clearly superior.  When they originally came out, you paid a hefty price for the convenience of small form factor, I haven't seen the recent prices.  The IPad is also a cool device, don't get me wrong, I use my old IPhone as an Ipod Touch to check websites all the time when lounging around the house...it's convenient.  The IPad is a bigger, better version of that.
I overestimated the ipad....it's not a suitable product for my purposes.  I like multitaskers, and computers that can run things like office and so on.