How many remotes apps are out there?

skunark

How many remotes apps are out there?
« on: 5 Jul 2010, 01:54 am »
As more remote apps become available to download on the app store and I'm curious what folks have used and their impressions.   I've seen apps listed for Denon, Sony, Pioneer, Samsung, Naim ($50?) and curious if there are other manufactures with apps posted.   Anthem's new AVR is also said to have an app coming.   

There are hundreds of "third party" remote apps but all seem to be nothing more than mimicking remotes that mostly were lacking to begin with, but I would also be curious if anyone has tried apps that work with products like GlobalCache GC-100 with support of doing complex macro operations.  Creston seems to also have a solution but again, it appears to be mimicking a remote.

Ideally, a remote app that listed the radio stations, tv guide and perhaps integrate with a media player and control all the required devices.  From what I can tell we are far far away from that in terms of using your iphone, ipod touch or ipad but I'm sure someone is working on this or perhaps I'm not looking in the right direction.