HT2-TL with RAAL will arrive today - 1st pair ever

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
Re: HT2-TL with RAAL will arrive today - 1st pair ever
« Reply #20 on: 2 Jul 2010, 01:34 am »
I have a set of HT2TL speakers on order too, with the new RAAL tweeters.  It will be very interesting to compare them with my SongtowerRT and older HT3s.

I will let you know.

Best regards,

Frank Van Alstine

Art_Chicago

« Reply #21 on: 2 Jul 2010, 02:02 am »
I have a set of HT2TL speakers on order too, with the new RAAL tweeters.  It will be very interesting to compare them with my SongtowerRT and older HT3s.

I will let you know.

Best regards,

Frank Van Alstine
:thumb:
 Frank, just in case if you forget, we will remind you :wave:  :D

HoosierInOhio

« Reply #22 on: 2 Jul 2010, 02:14 am »
Here are some pics, going to fire them up after I post these for you guys.  They look redder in the photos it seems...finish is top notch though.

« Last Edit: 2 Jul 2010, 03:29 pm by HoosierInOhio »

Saturn94

« Reply #23 on: 2 Jul 2010, 03:19 am »
 :drool:

Nuance

« Reply #24 on: 2 Jul 2010, 03:56 am »
Wow - those look amazing!  Great choice on the finish.  You have good taste sir.

HoosierInOhio

« Reply #25 on: 2 Jul 2010, 03:43 pm »
Well they sound great, as expected.  Crystal clear and buttery smooth. 

We started out with Jim's Demo CD, which has some great tracks on it.  Some I had not heard before.

Then we switched to the my library on the Squeezebox.  All lossless of course.  We pretty much listen to everything but Country.  When we got to Usher, we were both floored by the bass.  Holy crap stuff was shaking.  It was awesome.

I really have to work on the placement.  I like a centered image, and I'm having trouble with where my chair is.  If I aim both at my seat, I can get the centered image, but setting them up for both seats it doesn't work as great.  This may be a trade-off for having 2 seats in the sweet spot.  Will work on it though.

I also need to get my panels built.  I bought a box of material from ATS, I need to get cracking on building the frames.  I plan to put some up at the first reflection point and go from there.

Nuance

« Reply #26 on: 2 Jul 2010, 04:43 pm »
Well they sound great, as expected.  Crystal clear and buttery smooth. 

We started out with Jim's Demo CD, which has some great tracks on it.  Some I had not heard before.

Then we switched to the my library on the Squeezebox.  All lossless of course.  We pretty much listen to everything but Country.  When we got to Usher, we were both floored by the bass.  Holy crap stuff was shaking.  It was awesome.

I really have to work on the placement.  I like a centered image, and I'm having trouble with where my chair is.  If I aim both at my seat, I can get the centered image, but setting them up for both seats it doesn't work as great.  This may be a trade-off for having 2 seats in the sweet spot.  Will work on it though.

I also need to get my panels built.  I bought a box of material from ATS, I need to get cracking on building the frames.  I plan to put some up at the first reflection point and go from there.

You may want to do the first reflections last, as Floyd Toole's research (outlined in his book) discovered those lateral reflections can give the listener a better sense of source width and envelopment.  You may want to treat the front and rear walls first, along with the ceiling if you can accommodate it (a panel or two on the ceiling dead center between the speakers, then half way between you and the speakers is ideal).

Just a thought.  Try all of the above and go with the best sounding scenario. 

carusoracer

« Reply #27 on: 2 Jul 2010, 08:23 pm »
Congrats!  Where are you located? I'm in Central, OH.

WGH

« Reply #28 on: 2 Jul 2010, 08:44 pm »
Terrific looking setup!

I gathered up 8 articles by Floyd Toole that will help with speaker placement.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=58304.0

Have a great weekend.

Wayne

HoosierInOhio

« Reply #29 on: 2 Jul 2010, 09:19 pm »
Congrats!  Where are you located? I'm in Central, OH.

Avon, west of Cleveland.  Thanks

HoosierInOhio

« Reply #30 on: 2 Jul 2010, 09:21 pm »
Terrific looking setup!

I gathered up 8 articles by Floyd Toole that will help with speaker placement.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=58304.0

Have a great weekend.

Wayne

Awesome, thanks.  I will definitely read them

HoosierInOhio

« Reply #31 on: 7 Jul 2010, 09:38 pm »
Well, yesterday was my first day back to work after nearly 2 weeks off.  Rough one for sure, in addition to some minor new house issues and I needed to relax.  So I moved my chair right to the sweet spot of the room, grabbed a corona, closed my eyes and pressed play on some Norah Jones and it was glorious.  I could "see" every instrument on stage, and the soundstage expanded beyond my rooms walls.  I heard some things I had never heard before on a couple of songs and I have listened to that CD many times prior. 

It was wonderful and very relaxing as well.  Kudo's to Jim and his team for these wonderful speakers.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #32 on: 7 Jul 2010, 10:10 pm »
I'm not suggesting that you put down the Carona and fiddle right now, but did you leave the resistor setting as is?  If so, I take it the highs sound right without being ramped up a bit?  Just looking for Beta Feedback.  Thanks. 

Nuance

« Reply #33 on: 7 Jul 2010, 10:38 pm »
I'm not suggesting that you put down the Carona and fiddle right now, but did you leave the resistor setting as is?  If so, I take it the highs sound right without being ramped up a bit?  Just looking for Beta Feedback.  Thanks. 

Perhaps you guys should, ah, send me a version...you know, just to get some more feedback. :D

HoosierInOhio

« Reply #34 on: 8 Jul 2010, 02:50 am »

How would one change that setting if one wanted to?

jsalk

« Reply #35 on: 8 Jul 2010, 04:16 am »
How would one change that setting if one wanted to?

Apparently you did not get the email I sent over the 4th.  I will re-send it.

- Jim