Two new dedicated circuits

Yuper

Two new dedicated circuits
« on: 30 Jun 2010, 11:25 pm »
Roger,  you and I talked a long time ago. Thank you for building some specific stuff for me.   We left off that it would be money well spent to get my electricity right.  Two circuits,  one for the higher power compnents,  and one for my sources and your set amp. 

I found a semi retired electric guy that put it together for me today.

After all is hooked up again...  here we go!!

« Last Edit: 3 Jul 2010, 10:58 am by Yuper »

Yuper

Re: Two new dedicated circuits
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2010, 10:00 pm »
I have given it some time for a good listen.  I actually made two changes,  so I don't know if I can give all the credit to the two circuit set up,  but the other change was minor.

What I can say is that the two circuit system has allowed me to drop the subwoofer I was using because the bass is now deep and full enough the fill the room. 

More subtle,  but I am able to notice increased clarity.  The soundstage for me is wider and the music sounds more complicated.  I can hear more instruments doing their own thing.

K Shep

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2010, 10:24 pm »
Perceptual audible difference?

Psychoacoustics?

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2010, 06:30 pm »
Thanks for sharing your results. For those not familiar with this idea it is based on the fact that there is considerable resistance in the lines and outlets back to the fuse box. Since the power amps draw considerable and variable current its is best to get all the front-end equipment on a separate circuit from the fuse panel. Front end equipment draws little current and that current is constant regardless of signal level. The power amp draw is quite variable with instantaneous signal level.

I have been doing a study of socket contact resistance, plug internal resistance, copper oxidation and other elements that are in the electric power circuit. I became curious when I noticed the molded plug on the power cord to a pump getting warm. The pump draws 5 amps and that should not cause any warmth. Therefore there is some connection resistance involved that should be reduced. I found part to be in the outlet and replaced it. I will keep you posted but preliminarily I think molded plugs are a big problem.